Need opinions on new flat panel monitor (19"+)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Old School, Dec 15, 2006.

1. Yes, I read your post. You said between $100 and $200. This is not possible, since there are no 19" LCD flat panels for $100, aside from maybe one or two that are throwaway refurbished junk. A reasonable range for a bargain LCD flat panel these days is $150-$225 . And as gnome pointed out, you will be limited in your choice of panel.

You're welcome for the link. Have a great day.

#11     Dec 15, 2006
  2. Samsungs are very nice monitors. Not sure that they are within the price range, but when it comes to screens that I am going to be watching all day, I want clear, crisp graphics which in turn means spending a few bucks on quality.

#12     Dec 15, 2006
  3. Bob111

Bob111

4. Bob - that you much for the links.

At these prices I might try a quad setup if the first one looks good.

These Hanna-G monitors look like they deserve a shot.

tradernik - thanks for the links and input.

#14     Dec 15, 2006
  5. Performance
    Compliant Standards CE
    Compliant Standards CUL
    Dot Pitch 0.294 mm
    Compliant Standards TCO03
    Compliant Standards UL
    Compliant Standards Energy Star
    Compliant Standards FCC
    Response Time/Rate 8 ms

Video
    Display Type Standard
    Display Technology LCD
    Internal Resolution (maximum) 1280 x 1024
    Contrast Ratio 700:1
    Digital Video Standard Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
    Viewing Angle (H/V) 150/135 degree(s)
    Color Support 16.2 million colors
    Display Size 19 in
    Image Brightness 250 nit(s)

So are these specs ok for a trading monitor?

#15     Dec 15, 2006
  6. gnome

gnome

Yup. All monitors in this class and price range are about the same.

Lots of experience in ET with 4-monitor rigs, if you need help.

#16     Dec 15, 2006
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

Gnome,

I just ugraded my vid card but am still just running 2 monitors. I've been told that if I want to run 4, all I need to do is get another card, as long as it's the EXACT same vid card. Has this been your experience?

Thx

#17     Dec 15, 2006
  8. gnome

gnome

Maybe.... likely will not be *exactly* the same... your present card is probably either an AGP or PCIE... you'll need to get something compatible with it.... and it will probably be PCI.

#18     Dec 15, 2006
  9. Corelio

Corelio

Yes, the Hanns G monitors are great. I bought a few myself several months ago. Unfortunately one of the monitors went bust so I took it back to Tigerdirect. It seems that the "service plan" that I bought from Tigerdirect only covers the monitor after the Hanns G warranty expires. So much for a "service plan".

I then had to UPS the monitor back to Hanns G which by the way has only one office in the US back in California. So they told me to send them the monitor...

Well, the shipping itself was going to cost me $80...nearly half the price of the monitor. Hanns G will only pay shipping on its way back. Also had a heck of a time with HannsG customer service as some of the individuals seemed to be right out of high school.

The product is nice...good image resolution and all. However, if it breaks...good luck getting it fixed. One more thing...the rebate offered by HannsG...don't hold your breadth over it.

#19     Dec 15, 2006
  10. Thanks for that.

Are you saying you never got the rebate check?

#20     Dec 15, 2006