Need one million to take off fast

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ettao, Jan 30, 2010.

1. ettao

ettao

I have a discretionary system that catches the essence of every possible stock price movement in detail. It is a script in a Microsoft Word file with 1800+ pages including a 71-page index and a 4-page executive index. This “map” is updated daily. Discipline, Drawdowns, Earnings, Emotions, Fundamentals, News, Risk/Reward Ratios, Win% etc…. are all IRRELAVENT.

After six years of testing with real money and paper money I have one conclusion: Trading IS brain surgery. You simply cannot do it in a kitchen!

I have $80,000. I need a minimum one million dollars to trade using this system. I will trade with a 4:1 margin using the TradeStation platform. I have an active account with TS.

I will not take any profit until I double your money; then I will buy you out. But if we become friends that will be a different story.

If you ask any question regarding your risk then I do not want your money. As for how I trade this system, it is absolutely none of your business.

2. l2tradr

l2tradr

Here's a solution: take 30k or so, go to Bright Trading (sponsor on this board), and they will give you 1 mil buying power. This way you don't have to share profits with anybody, your payout is 100% and you only pay commissions.

3. delusions of grandeur:

delusions of grandeur are principally a subtype of delusional disorder but could possibly feature as a symptom of schizophrenia and manic episodes of bipolar disorder.[1] Grandiose delusions are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, or otherwise very powerful. The delusions are generally fantastic, often with a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious bent (for example, belief that one is an incarnation of Jesus Christ).

Grandiose delusions are distinct from grandiosity, in that the sufferer does not have insight into his loss of touch with reality.

In colloquial usage, one who is said to have 'delusions of grandeur' is considered to be one who overestimates ones own abilities, talents or situation.

4. Quote from ettao:

I have a discretionary system that catches the essence of every possible stock price movement in detail. It is a script in a Microsoft Word file with 1800+ pages including a 71-page index and a 4-page executive index. This “map” is updated daily.

:D Translation - My latest backtest is ready. Who wants to be the first guinea pig?

Discipline, Drawdowns, Earnings, Emotions, Fundamentals, News, Risk/Reward Ratios, Win% etc…. are all IRRELAVENT.

:D Translation - Who the hell cares about money management?

I have $80,000. I need a minimum one million dollars to trade using this system. I will trade with a 4:1 margin using the TradeStation platform. I have an active account with TS.

:D Translation - I have already made $79,950 from other idiots who sent me money. Are you next?

I will not take any profit until I double your money; then I will buy you out. But if we become friends that will be a different story.

:D Translation - I have a great gambling algorithm that cannot miss. It is called "let it all ride on the baccarat table..."

If you ask any question regarding your risk then I do not want your money.

:D Translation - Robbing banks is higher risk. much better if I blow your money

As for how I trade this system, it is absolutely none of your business.

:D Translation - It is none of your business how I lose your money. Don't perform due diligence or ask stupid questions...

5. l2tradr

l2tradr

Ross Canfield, you're just jealous that you couldn't do the same thing when you were trying to sell your $250K system.

6. The fact that it's 1800 pages sounds bogus to me. I spent 18 months developing a method which I suspect may work. But, there is an elegance in the simplicity of my method.

Even Jack Schwager said in his book: "Getting Started in Technical Analysis" that he had looked at systems trading for 20 years and found that complex mathematical formulas do not have any advantage over very simple formulas such as n=7.

7. We've recently had a ton of "$100 to $1,000,000 in 12 months". Will this be the latest craze?

Not that I'm interested in forking over my hard-earned money, but if you're at all serious about this pet project of yours, you should have AT THE VERY LEAST produced an audited P/L statement to prove your track record. In lieu of that, you'll only provide a good laugh for others or, worse, get laughed out of this forum.

8. There seems to be more than a few scam artists on the forum these days.

9. 1800 Pages.LOL:D

10. NoDoji

NoDoji

Why do you need a million to trade? If your system's really good, it can take your $80K with 4:1 margin to trade 2000-3000 shares a day of a momo stock (POT, AAPL, AMZN), catch a 2.00 or better move each day, generate ~ $5K a day and you'll have a million to trade before the year's out.

#10     Jan 30, 2010