need ninja trader automation help

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by qwert, Nov 13, 2008.

1. qwert

qwert

i need help with ninja traders auto trading program creator.
    would like to create a automated trading program to use the stochastics fast for es futures.

simple 20 line cross over is a buy and 80 cross down is a sell. with 2 point stop loss and 4 point price objective. it would also have to reverse to short on a 80 line cross down if 4 point isnt met.

to be used with a 300 tick chart. also how do u designate the fast and slow line speed.?

can a program u create be used with the simulator and real moey trading. i looked at ninja traders self program for auto trading and i dont get it. how long did it take u to figure it out?.

i used the ma crossover on the simulator for days straight with all the setting i could think of and time frames and it averaged a loss of 1k an hour. plus it would end up with more than one contract when u wanted just one and wouldnt reverse

2. If you were able to reverse that, you may have found the holy grail!

3. :)

4. NinjaTrader_Ray

NinjaTrader_Ray ET Sponsor

You can post support questions in the NinjaTrader support forum and/or you can attend our Introduction to NinjaScript Strategy Development training webinar, you just missed the last one a few days ago but we will hold another one in a few weeks.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/events_onlinetrading_ninjascript.htm

5. Two suggestions:

1. Use the Wizard - it's easy
    2. Backtest your system on at least 10 years of historical data