Need .NET terms for "nearest term", "deep in-the-money", "call option"

Discussion in 'App Development' started by MarketCoding, Mar 27, 2017.

1. The discussion started here https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/option-code-lookup.308002/#post-4429749 and has evolved into a topic more suited for a programming thread as opposed to where it is now.

I am looking to day trade options with the Multicharts .NET platform or other suitable approach as my trial period for multi-charts is running out.

Multicharts does have the ability to trade options.

What makes it challenging is that you cannot easily lookup an option code and define a constant for a term to designate that particular type of option.

The re-usable constant in my case would be one for a "nearest term", "deep in-the-money", "call option", for a given input which in this case, would be an underlying such as SPY or SPX.

I can define the specific parameters for what I mean by a "nearest term", "deep in-the-money", "call option", but do not yet know how to build the .NET class or other parameter to calculate what it is, and use it on each signal.

A Call Option (CALL).
    Nearest Term (NT) = Least number of days to expiration.
    In-The-Money (ITM) = Delta closest to .90 but not higher.

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  2. I need assistance in modifying this code to calculate the option code to be used at the time of each signal.

Code:
    namespace PowerLanguage.Strategy
    {
        [IOGMode(IOGMode.Disabled)]
        public class Key_Reversal_LE_data2 : SignalObject
        {
            private IOrderMarket m_KeyRevLE;

public Key_Reversal_LE_data2(object ctx) :
                base(ctx)
            {
                Length = 1;
            }

[Input]
            public int Length { get; set; }

protected override void Create(){
                m_KeyRevLE =
                    OrderCreator.MarketNextBar(new SOrderParameters(Contracts.Default, "KeyRevLE", EOrderAction.Buy));
            }

// Using BarsofData(2) in place of original Bars in order to get the signal to be based on the data2
            // which contains the stock symbol where the actual order is placed on the option symbol itself.
            protected override void CalcBar(){
                if (PublicFunctions.DoubleLess(BarsOfData(2).Low[0], BarsOfData(2).Low.Lowest(Length, 1))
                    && PublicFunctions.DoubleGreater(BarsOfData(2).Close[0], BarsOfData(2).Close[1]))
                  m_KeyRevLE.Send();
            }
        }
    }