Need more info on Pair & Opening Strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by jnkbox, Feb 14, 2002.

1. So why do you promote the OO strategy on this website to attract more traders??? To me it means the strategy probably not working anymore.

#31     Mar 6, 2003
  2. I could teach 100 people to count cards at blackjack, and only the serious, disciplined, and dedicated few would do well. Also, there are hundreds of stocks, and many, many players in the game. And I only give away part of what I do on the boards....just to show everyone how simple trading can be. And, yes, I like to inspire new traders who, for one reason or another, cannot seem to make money in "this marketplace."

Since the strategy can only be done in any size by a few who trade at BT ($millions of oo orders, and the automation to handle them))....we keep an edge for our traders.

Anyway, the strategy is working fine for the novice and the seasoned traders alike.

Don

#32     Mar 6, 2003
  3. I have to disagree with this. While it is a common statement and prevailing thought, I think your most recent post describes exactly why you can teach the same winning method to many people and the method will continue to work just fine. If that were not the case, the OO thing would not work anymore as you have Bright, Echo, and others using it, and a 6 thread Journal too.

Maybe I'm wrong, so I ask for anyone to provide two widely publicized methods that don't work anymore.

#33     Mar 7, 2003
  4. I was, of course, speaking generally about the fact that many "working programs" have ceased to work after being written about (buy and hold, soes, payment for order flow (somewhat because of legal reasons), etc..).

My point was that, even if there is a mass awareness of strategies, only a few will be able to implement these strategies well enough to show consistent profits....the "Human Factor" always comes in to play....(which it must to succeed, but which also may be self destrcuctive).

Don

#34     Mar 7, 2003
  5. The buy and hold strategy...... Who wrote about the buy and hold strategy? Unknown for the public for decades. Written about in 2000 and stopped working in 2001...... Too many buying and holding.....

#35     Mar 7, 2003