Need more info on Pair & Opening Strategies

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by jnkbox, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Don,

About your courses: Are the methods taught in these courses workable for an individual trader trading from home? Or, are they designed for traders who decide to stay on with your firm as "pro" traders? For instance, "bullets," something that I understand is key to your methods, are not available (or so I've read on this board) to the general public.

I ask because I am located near one of your schools and am tempted by the low fee of only $1,000 for your daytrading course. I just don't want to pay that amount for an infomercial or something that is "nice to know" but can't be used by the "home alone" trader.

My wife is also interested in learning about daytrading. Would I be able to teach her what I learned, or would it be better for her to attend the course as well?

Thanks in advance for your response.

#21     Feb 20, 2002
  2. Thansk everyone for the information on opening trading. Much appreciated.

#22     Feb 20, 2002
  3. drbtk

drbtk

LetsTrade,

I took Bright's course last May and have found it very useful even to a part-time daytrader (if there is such a thing). At least being aware of the disadvantages the retail customer has to overcome was worth the price of the course. For instance, Don's strategy for openings is very difficult to be successful with at home -retail. But being aware of why it's difficult allows you to use the parts of the strategy that you can use at home-retail.

#23     Feb 20, 2002
  4. The things we teach are useful to everyone interested in trading. I will admit up front that some things cannot be done by retail customers....but everything we show you can (and should) be done by the trader in an office ..or at home.

Our new Bright-at-Home trading platform is designed to allow full benefits to the at home (or home office) trader.

Feel free to call me directly to discuss. 800.249.7488

#24     Feb 21, 2002
  5. i've looked around, but I can't find out how you pick your stocks for use with opening orders.

#25     Mar 5, 2003
  6. Very simple....S&P500, 1, 2, or 3 letters in the symbol....million or more shares.....I try to diversify with brokers, banks, financials, retailers, and pharmaceuticals.

Don

#26     Mar 5, 2003
  7. here, here!

#27     Mar 5, 2003
  8. is there a thread on swapping, sharing or making an after market on those products.

perhaps some of us can recoup our investments.

Oh, uh, so you say you never fell for those advs, and contributed to keeping those slickters in their mansions? yeah right.

#28     Mar 5, 2003
  9. I'm at Bright. Took the class two years ago. It was worthwhile, but, not immediately beneficial to trading. I've wasted (trading) an awful lot of money developing a Pairs Trading system that works for me. Not sure these things are 'transferable'.

Bright has a couple of offices that offer, for a stiff fee (still much less than I lost personally doing it blindly) training in Pairs Trading.

Bright's Remote (at-home) platform/service is absolutely EXCELLENT for the price. It has helped my trading and my life.

No company is more honest/straightforward than Bright. But, for 'newbies' (as I was two years ago), I would seriously consider moving to Vegas and working very closely with Jeff D., or one of the Brights, directly. It's tough to do this alone and I do so wish I had done just that!

F.W.I.W.

#29     Mar 6, 2003
  10. Thanks ( I think)....:) Seriously, it does take a while....and things are always changing.

Don

#30     Mar 6, 2003