Need Intra Day Data and Back Testing System

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by HoustonTrader, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Are you sure? I can't find the "export chart" thing? Where is it?

Thanks,
    wally_

#11     Nov 25, 2002
  2. OK, got it, thanks!

#12     Nov 25, 2002
  3. wdbaker

wdbaker

wally,

Yes, go to quote.com and use this symbol CME:es02Z, then next to that click the down arrow and choose live charts, then "go".
    This will take you to a new screen with a chart of es, you will see a button that says "chart", click it and then go to the menu item that says "export chart" and choose how you want to export the data.

I think I got all of the steps in there this time, I shouldn't have assumed that you were familiar with it.

Edit: I see you found it before I posted this, I'll leave it for others

Hope that helps
    wdbaker

#13     Nov 25, 2002
  4. Thanks for your post. I have been using their intraday data for some via H-Quote as a downloader, but I have had big problems downloading it for the last 2-3 weeks and have not been able to download any intraday data for a week.

I thought that perhaps I could get it directly via qoute.com so was very happy to learn that you could do it, but I just took all the steps you mentioned and did not get anything because I am either getting a message that this is available only to paid subscribers or 'the page cannot be displayed'.

When was it last time that you got your intraday data from them in this way?

Thanks,
    wally_

#14     Nov 25, 2002
  5. cheeks

cheeks

AFL is easier?.........

Oh dear god.

Every time I try to write something in AFL, the odds my monitor becoming a projectile increase dramatically.

#15     Nov 25, 2002
  6. wdbaker

wdbaker

Wally,
    I see what you mean, well I used it about 2 months ago, but they must have changed the program. Before I had signed up for a free membership and it was available but not any more.

Hate it when that happens.

The other place that I got futures data in the past was at
    http://www.anfutures.com/data01.htm which nkhoi previously pointed out. They are in 5min bars so if you don't need a smaller time frame these work pretty good.

Also some 1min data here for futures
    http://www.traders2traders.com/data/Emini_futures_txt.zip

and here is 1min data for all the naz100 stocks
    http://www.traders2traders.com/data/Naz100.ZIP
    beware, this file is 130 megs of data

That should get you going
    wdbaker

#16     Nov 25, 2002
  7. wdbaker

wdbaker

Wally,
    You might try and sign up for the free package at quote.com, I see that you can lose access if you don't log on at least once every 14 days, maybe that is why I can't access the export data anymore, just a thought.

EDIT: After taking a second look I see that they added the downloadable market data to the $19.99 package

wdbaker

#17     Nov 25, 2002
  8. nkhoi

nkhoi

#18     Nov 25, 2002