Need interview advice

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Trader03, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Trader03

Trader03

I have about 10 years in the online trading industry. I had a series 7 and 63 and worked on the technology side. Now, I have applied for a sales position to sell trading/backoffice technology.

I have not recieved an offer yet. I had 3 interviews with various personel and they went well. Then, I got a call from the recruiter saying I am sending you an application and the question regarding convictions was there. That is what got me to post my issue.

#11     Mar 3, 2007
  2. Hey I just wanted to chime in. When you are being interviewed or filling out an applications there are restrictions as to what an employer may ask. They may NOT ask if you have been arrested. In the US you are innocent until proven guilty. If you are asked if you have ever been arrested this is illegal. My suggestion is to tell them that you have never been convicted of a crime if you have only been arrested. I do of course believe in being honest it things, if you were convicted do not lie, this will only come back to hurt you!

#12     Mar 3, 2007
  3. Trader03

Trader03

Nobody ever asked. I just want to make sure and deal with this in the best way possible. I think I need to just call the HR Manager and explain my situation. After doing so, I am sure they will have an opinion. What I am most afraid of is that I won't ever find employment. Being married and starting a family is hard enough.

Thanks for your help.

#13     Mar 3, 2007
  4. #14     Mar 3, 2007
  5. Trader03

Trader03

Great article. I appreciate your help.

#15     Mar 3, 2007
  6. Dick Chaney did :D

#16     Mar 3, 2007
  7. qtip

qtip

They did, but I think that is more of knowing powerful people. I don't know anyone...

#17     Mar 3, 2007
  8. Trader03

Trader03

Thanks everyone for you advice and also support. I will keep you posted once I find out.

#18     Mar 3, 2007
  9. Trader03

Trader03

Any other help would be greatly appreciated.

#19     Mar 4, 2007
  10. Demand a chauffer driven stretch limo as part of your employment package.

#20     Mar 4, 2007