Need Information On Broker Data Feeds

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by jeb9999, Feb 26, 2017.

1. With IB changing their data feed subscriptions I and other traders need more information about equity data feeds.

Are there any websites that have detailed information on stock brokers and their data feeds?

For example, pricing information, API information and feed type - tick, sampled or snapshot.

Or do I have to go to each brokers website to get basic information and then call them to figure out exactly how their data feeds work.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

I thought the change in non-pro fees was only like $1?

comagnum likes this.
  3. Gotcha

Gotcha

I agree with Robert in that it seems like not much is actually changing, but I will wait to see what happens in my platform with the stuff I look at before signing up for whatever I need.

But if you use Sierra Charts, they also have a very good package for very good data that I believe is much cheaper than the other options out there to get pure tick data. I was only interested in Futures with Level 2, so this is all I researched, but for about $40, it was much cheaper than other data sources suggested.

4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Hell no, it's 350% whopping percent more than you stated. It's incredible what IB is trying to achieve here. And of course all is just for their own bottom line. No not 1 dollar but a staggering 4 bucks 50 cents. Can you believe it?I am sure half IBs clientele is gonna jump ship.
    :D

jharmon likes this.
  5. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

Yes, in essence that is exactly what you need to do, you need to do some research. Like the rest of us.

6. Liquidips

Liquidips

Iqfeed, Kinetick, Rithmic, ESignal and Barchart
    are good DF source

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2017
  7. Handle123

Handle123

So let me get this straight, you upset cause it is $4.50 and you going to go to others brokers and most likely pay more in commissions, but you will save the $4.50? Won't other brokers charge you for data as well? I believe Iqfeed, Kinetick, Rithmic, ESignal real time you have to pay much greater than $4.50?

beginner66 likes this.
  8. jharmon

jharmon

Real traders don't user broker data feeds.

Why? It's not their core business.

9. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

What does that mean?

10. Ryan81

Ryan81

I use my broker's data feed. Last time I checked, I was a real trader.

#10     Feb 28, 2017
    Overnight and Robert Morse like this.