Need historical data for analysis / system testing

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by Animal Spirits, May 12, 2007.

1. pp7

pp7

Does anyone know how to get a list of symbols that existed at a particular given time?

#21     May 30, 2007
  2. rosy2

rosy2

you can get intraday grom finance.google. i have a rather large mysql database with eod data for stocks/futures /rates and economic data if interested

#22     May 30, 2007
  3. rosy2

rosy2

corporate actions.

#23     May 30, 2007
  4. pp7

pp7

Can you please elaborate?

#24     May 30, 2007
  5. GTG

GTG

I don't know how to get a list of all symbols that existed, but you can get historical index components, for the major indices at their relevant websites (i.e. the S&P site and the nasdaq sites), which is usually what you want anyways. The problem, though is I don't know of a free location to get the historical data series for the symbols that no longer trade.

#25     May 30, 2007
  6. pp7

pp7

Maybe a better way would be to get end of day/week/month data from somewhere and build a list that way. Does anyone here have such a list?

#26     May 30, 2007
  7. YoungOne

YoungOne

Anyone know where to get historical data in the form of minute data? I want to be able to view the minute data on a chart as well.

#27     May 31, 2007
  8. pp7

pp7

I use opentick.com

#28     May 31, 2007
  9. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

A good source of intraday data i use is http://www.visualchart.com

It's a charting, backtesting software. You can download the trial version and after the trial has ended, you can still download txt historical datas ( between 6-8 pm french time ). I have it for 2 years now.

You get a wide range of datas from comstock down to 1 min: Euro and US futures, forex, and a great range of domestic stock markets( US, UK, Euronext, Spain, Germany, Italy, Sweden... )

It's my favourite source of datas.

#29     May 31, 2007
  10. pp7

pp7

Is it possible to get previous symbol lists from it or details of symbols that were newly listed and delisted from an exchange?

#30     May 31, 2007