Need Historic Data

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by master718, Feb 2, 2005.

1. dchang0

dchang0

Can anybody recommend a data vendor who sells ASCII files with bid/ask data plus bid/ask sizes ("bidbook") and executions with execution sizes ("time and sales")? I am specifically interested in the major e-minis, ES, NQ, ER2, etc.

Thanks.

#11     Feb 7, 2005
  2. squeeze

squeeze

dChang0

www.tickplusdata.com has level 1 quote + qsize + transaction data for these contracts.

If you are looking for level2 order book rebuild then this might be hard to find.

#12     Feb 7, 2005
  3. dchang0

dchang0

Awesome. I *may* be looking for Level 2 orderbook, but I don't know yet. "Level 1 & Quote Size" appears to be exactly what I need for now. Thanks for the tip!

#13     Feb 7, 2005

4. Do you actually think that people will start selling historic option tick data at those prices?

It doesn't seem like even the big banks with prop desks and limitless resources have this type of data. You would think that the electronic market makers would have this data, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

Is there even a market for this type of stuff? Does anyone have the capabilities to effectively trade using that much data?

#14     Feb 9, 2005
  5. Ganamide

Ganamide

I found a couple of source for options end-of-day data:

http://www.prophet.net/satellites/marketData/cdrom/index.jsp
    http://www.csidata.com/data/options/index.html

I haven't bought either of these, but I would probably choose prophet over csi.

I also found that TradeStation 8 provides 30 days of tick, as well as 1 minute and daily data since each currently traded option started. I think this is of limited use, but better than nothing:

http://www.tradestation.com/strategy_testing/hist_market_data.shtm#OptionsData

I'm still looking for more historic stock option tick data...

#15     Mar 24, 2005
  6. #16     Mar 24, 2005
  7. alanm

alanm

I've got options T&S for the top 10 or so stocks in the NDX (by weight), plus some others (like QQQ, GE, etc.). This is tick-by-tick, both quotes and prints, for a handful of OTM, ATM, and ITM options and the underlying, from each exchange, from around June 2000 through March 2002.

It's in text format, as downloaded from myTrack every day (with a few holes).

Some other things I have for roughly the same time frame:

- EOD bid/ask/last/volume/OI for the whole chain for (I think) most of the SPX, MID, SML, and NDX components;

- NYSE closing imbalances for (2002-06 through 2002-12);

- 1-second snapshots of QQQ, NDX, NQ, and QQV (2000-08 through 2002-03);

For a fee, I'd be willing to document, translate into a user-specified format, put on media, etc. Please PM or email if interested.

#17     Mar 24, 2005
  8. mlipsky

mlipsky

Prophet is crazy $$$$ and CSI only offers on indices... no individual equity options.

#18     Jun 13, 2005
  9. mlipsky

mlipsky

#19     Jun 13, 2005