Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by kona69, May 7, 2004.

1. kona69

kona69

Everything I touch get stopped out!!! I had very good month last month and now I can't get it right. I'm loosing my confidence... How do I get out from this slump?

2. 1.) Did your trades fit inside the parameters of your system? (assuming you have one)

If yes, then you are ok, keep trading..
    If no, then you probably are suffering the effects of euphoria from your previous good trades..

the only thing you can get right is placing trades according to your system..

-qwik

3. Are the trades you get stopped out of profitable in your time frame or are have you called it in the wrong direction? If it's the former, widen your stops or be more patient before entry. If it's the latter you have to go back to the drawing board and find an edge that works because what you thought was an edge probably isn't.

4. ======================
    Kona;
    Do you have a well researched written plan;
    actually a difficult question since well researched requires much work,
    not to be confused with much trading. ??????????????????

No matter your time frame within reason;
    but DIA, SPY, QQQ & related stocks & derivatives have been in a sideways trend
    [also called a smaller range]
    MUCH more in May than April.

That makes a notable difference in a medium or short time frame;
    try to avoid trading during a sideways , sloppy trend myself.
    Good timing on your question.

:cool:

The plans of the diligent tend only to advantage
    -Solomon-trader king.

5. You mean, everything you touch, you are stopping it out (unless you have someone else setting your stops for you).
    The question is, are you doing the right thing by stopping them out, or are you being too tight and stopping too many winners? BTW, you should always be stopping some winners. Otherwise you have to live on the other side of the street, where you keep all your winners but also too many losers.

6. Go get your Anthony Robbins cd's ready and believe in the power of yourself... WOOOHHOOOO!!!!

God I love the creative writing and thoughts of this field.