Need Help!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NeedHelp, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Thats last phrase was deep. I concur.

#21     Oct 28, 2003
  2. NeedHelp

NeedHelp

Yeah, I recently got a book called "NLP For Investors/Traders". I read it. It's very general advice. I guess one has to CHANGE INSIDE YOURSELF! I thought I was BEYOND THE PAIN THRESHOLD!!! BUt I keep doing the wrong thing. I must be feeding something so monstrous that it keep wanting to do the same thing over and over...

hmm...

#22     Oct 28, 2003
  3. Why don't you join us in the chat room tomorrow and call out your trades or when you see a long or short signal forming and walk yourself through each trade.

The process of slowing things down a bit and typing what you want to do, why you want to do it might help.

#23     Oct 28, 2003
  4. If you were, I would have to warn you that there are only very few people on ET who are marriage material. Actually, the only ones I can imagine being good mates (for an enlightened woman) are Don Bright and rs7, but if you give GG 20 years, he might just become the ideal spouse. I think he has potential.

#24     Oct 28, 2003
  5. LOL GG? I so do not see that one.. I would be shorting GG stock for a while.

#25     Oct 28, 2003
  6. NeedHelp

NeedHelp

It's amazing how one's perception COLORS one's view of reality!

It's like I'm wearing bad sunglasses or something. I force short trades on even. But when I go over and review the trades at the end of the day with the charts, I'm AMAZED and ASHAMED that I could have done such a terrible trade especially when it was so "obvious" that it was going up!! Sometimes what we see isn't what's there. We see what we want to see!!

I gotta change that!

#26     Oct 28, 2003
  7. Take a break, anything out of the ordinary going on?

The frustration will feed itself. Start from scratch like you did when you were starting out and trade small or hell even papertrade.

#27     Oct 28, 2003
  8. NeedHelp

NeedHelp

Yeah, and what's aggravating this is I've been trading BIG to make up the losses. And then a superrally comes along and accelerate the loss process with size! OUCH!

I think starting tomorrow I'll trade the smallest possible size on LONGS! Just so I can get back what it felt like going LONG again...

And hopefully tomorrrow will have a few decent rallies.

#28     Oct 28, 2003
  9. Yeah you do... Why don't you try using a very short duration MA, just as an idea of the imediate trend and as a rule of thumb never trade against it.. for instance no going short till that indicator changes, this will keep you in the trade until you have confirmation to get out or reverse the position. Kind of like training wheels, or at least a filter for those sunglasses.
    :cool:

#29     Oct 28, 2003
  10. It's true, the odds of becoming an ideal mate are probably against GG, but he has one quality which is necessary for such a development and which very few display as strongly as GG: He is very aware of the fact that anything he thinks he knows or believes could be wrong. I could be wrong, but I think all he needs to achieve near perfection is a way to earn a lot of money. Once he has achieved that, I could imagine his personality would make a quantum leap almost automatically which would elevate him above us struggling morons (no offense intended).

#30     Oct 28, 2003