Need Help!

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NeedHelp, Oct 28, 2003.

1. NeedHelp

NeedHelp

Lobster,

Thanks for the suggestion. But today, ZN/ZB rallied hard. I would have gotten screw again if I tried shorting the bonds.

But to feed my "short bias/psychological block/addiction or whatever" , I've been looking at things that are going down and shorting them. And they seemed to work. But that doesn't solve the real problem. I want to be able to capitalize on BOTH SIDES of the market. The least I can do is stay out of the strong rallies so I don't get hurt. But I should be able to participate in it too! That's what trading is all about. I need to get this monkey off my back!

but how?!

#11     Oct 28, 2003
  2. how old, sweetheart? ;)

#12     Oct 28, 2003
  3. I once had a friend who was a terrific skeet shooter. Well he shot skeet so much that he developed a mental block and could no longer pull the trigger. So he had his shotgun modified so that he could pull the trigger and then open the breech and load it. Then he would put it to his shoulder and when he released the trigger the gun went off. As I said, I once had a friend....

#13     Oct 28, 2003
  4. Now is not the time nor place for this Gordon.

#14     Oct 28, 2003
  5. And I didn't think you could get more pathetic... :p

#15     Oct 28, 2003
  6. lol :D

#16     Oct 28, 2003
  7. NeedHelp

NeedHelp

Let's say I'm old enough and young enough. :D

But I'm serious about this problem. And HELL NO I'm interested in anyone on this site. I'm not here for a dating site. Just want some good trading help.

#17     Oct 28, 2003
  8. If your serious try my advice.

#18     Oct 28, 2003
  9. You might want to look into Neuro Linguistic Programming. Seriously.
    I think the best example on how this works is when someone wakes up one morning and DECIDES that they want to: stop smoking, lose weight, etc. and thats it come hell or high water.

You'll change when the pleasure of doing what you want to do is greater than the fear of not doing it.

#19     Oct 28, 2003
  10. I was thinking the same thing while I was writing the original post. But anyone who watched the treasury futures the last couple of days must have seen this coming. I came into the day long NQ and ES and around noon something told me to go long ZN and short ZB. Unfortunately, that same voice also told me to get out of NQ. Stupid voices in my head! I think it was because every now and then I get this idea stuck in my head that I want to play around with QQQ options, and in order to start buying calls, I felt like I had to give up the NQ position to avoid too much risk. Now my calls are up $.20 and NQ has taken off without me. And with my luck it will climb steadily just enough so that the calls expire worthless.

Anyhoo, does anyone have a suggestion which QQQ options I should write tomorrow to reduce the theta-pain I inflicted upon myself by going long those Nov 36 calls?

#20     Oct 28, 2003