Need Help with Trading System Selection

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by bucking, Jan 31, 2004.

1. bucking

bucking

I'd appreciate some help. I currently use Trade Station, but would like to switch. Here are my key requirements for a new equities trading system. Thanks for your input.

1. OCO (Order Cancel Order), otherwise known as range order, bracket order, threshhold order. I have only found MBT, Speed Trader and perhaps STS to have this out of the box. In theory, I should be able to do this with Trade Station but it's quirky here and I don't have confidence in using this functionality of Trade Station.

Systems like Cybertrader purport to do this, but don't work right since the order can get fired off twice, triggering your stop loss and target sell price.

I understand that Real Tick has this functionality in beta

2) Ability to access my accounts, change trades over the web, if I need to be away from my PC

3) Ability to utilize a WAP phone to make access my accounts, change trades, etc. if I need to be away from my PC

4) Flat rate for limit orders on as many shares as I want to trade, e.g., 9.95 for 10,000 shares

2. bucking

bucking

At a minimum, I'd like to identify the systems that have this capability for equities trading:

1. OCO (Order Cancels Others), otherwise known as range order, bracket order, threshhold order. I have only found MBT, Speed Trader and perhaps STS to have this out of the box. In theory, I should be able to do this with Trade Station but it's quirky here and I don't have confidence in using this functionality of Trade Station.

3. nitro

nitro

TWS is very complete in this way. Look here:

http://www.interactivebrokers.com/html/webhelp/webhelp.htm

under Trade->Order Types.

nitro