Need help with Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thetraderprofit, Feb 18, 2003.

1. In following up with suggestions for why my cursor seems unstable, the computer completely shut down on its own. It's a new HP. See my previous thread today. I had to restart by pressing the button on the computer.

Ideas?

2. How come you didn't post the link to your previous thread?

After doing some searching...

is this the thread your talking about?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14107&perpage=5&pagenumber=1

Also, I notice you said thanks for the help in that thread...

I assumed it was said as if your problem was fixed...

If these are new computers...they are still under warranty...right?

Send one of them back for repair, keep the other so you can still trade....then when the computer that you sent away for repair comes back...use it for repair and then send back the other computer for repair.

It's a pain in the butt but at least your able to still trade.

If they are no longer under warranty...take them to a local computer repair shop...only if your unable to resolve the problem on your own.

Now...why did I bring up the issue of a new computer no longer under warranty?

Some companies...if you install new hardware yourself while the computer is still under warranty and installation of that hardware causes problems...the company will say the warranty is no longer valid.

I bring this up because of something you said in the previous thread...

"...put in video graphic splitter".

(If you can afford to buy that many computers...you can afford to let a tech department fix them if you can't)

Here's a funny story...I know a guy that had all kinds of computer problems with 3 new computers.

(he spent about $7k on them)

It was causing him so much stress...he was blaming his losses on the stress caused by his computer problems.

After about 3 months of seeking advice from a stock trading room...he finally went belly up in his trading and wanted to sell those computers that caused his downfall in his trading.

(the blame game)

Another guy pickup those 3 computers for a third of their original price...took them to a local repair shop...local repair shop fixed them (cost him $150) and they have been working flawlessly for him for over 2 years so far.

Apparently the problem was with a video card that was not compatible with his system after he self-installed them in each computer.

NihabaAshi

3. I probably should have appended the previous thread....anyway I am just now sitting down to deal witht the issue...thks