Need help with multi monitor setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flipflopper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

What did you do that got it working? Never mind... saw the post about the cable. I've never seen one of those be bad....

#61     Sep 2, 2008
  2. hajimow

hajimow

flipflopper:

I know that I am astraying from the topic. Now that your fav. system is up and running, please tell us how your trade quality is improved or gone done in one week time frame from the time you use your system. I know that many people might say that it may not prove anything.

#62     Sep 2, 2008
  3. Will do. I doubt it will make a big difference. Just a little more convenient then flipping back and forth for certain charts..

#63     Sep 2, 2008
  4. It allows a trader to "see the big picture" for example, if trading oil, you should have a sharp eye on the dollar, gold, etc. As fast as algo's make things move, having multiple monitors is safer and more convenient.

#64     Sep 3, 2008
  5. hajimow

hajimow

I understand but I believe now flipflopper will love his settings more and would trade with more attention and love.Like a student who has bought a beautiful notebook.

#65     Sep 3, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

More true than most realize.

When you need to toggle from screen to screen, it's easy to not notice something in a timely fashion.

Even with lots of screen RE myself, I too often look back and say, "I SHOULD have seen that".

I'm sure that my cumulative missed opportunities from "should have seen" equates to a FORTUNE not captured.

#66     Sep 3, 2008
  7. Does anyone know what software/broker he is using there on his monitors?

#67     Sep 12, 2008
  8. The software is NinjaTrader, it can connect to many different brokers.

#68     Sep 12, 2008
  9. Thanks. Guess his settings are much different than standard as I didn't recognize it. I've looked at ninja but don't use it.

#69     Sep 12, 2008