Need help with multi monitor setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flipflopper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Well, that's true. But why would one pay the price of a 30", then hope to find a lower res that looks good? If you're going to do that, might as well buy a 28", run at 1920x1200 and save $500.

#51     Aug 29, 2008
  2. Just wondering who can see (read) that high of a resolution. Things get pretty small as those numbers go up.

#52     Aug 29, 2008
  3. What do you mean proper drivers?

Motherboard drivers?

#53     Aug 29, 2008
  4. Got the Asus Rampage motherboard installed it with all drivers. Installed NVS 440 with driver and am able to get 4 screens running perfect.

Installed the second card (nvs 290) and can't get the screens going off that card.

Windows see's the screens and lets me configure them but they just have that floating "No DVI-D cable" message bouncing around the screens. Gonna contact Nvdida.

Damn... So close!!!

#54     Sep 2, 2008
  5. Cannot help you. I trade on a laptop.

#55     Sep 2, 2008
  6. You need the super high res for the 30" screens, or its just a waste of money. you just end up with super big charts and lines.

text on a 30 is not too small at the 2560 res. it would be on a 24, but seems fine when i was playing with a 30 at the Mac store. You can adjust text size on most software anyway.

Nvidia has lots of cards that will run at that res, some of em even run two monitors at 2560. They all have fans as far as I know however. They are the geforce line.

#56     Sep 2, 2008
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

why mess with success, order one more NVS 440.

#57     Sep 2, 2008
  8. After all that!!!!

My problem was a bad DSM -59 cable!!!

Well. It is looking beautiful.

The equipment came this morning at 10:30 PST. I was up a few K so I decided to start working on my computer and missed a 200 point move in the dow!!

Would have been easy money but oh well... I just HAD to get this done right away!!!

Thanks again to everyone who helped.

#58     Sep 2, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

Did you try running the 290 card screens with VGA cable? Just trying troubleshooting ideas.

Did you try reinstalling the video card driver (169.96) while both cards were mounted? (No need to uninstall/reinstall, just install overwrite...) Did you try reinstalling driver from Safe Mode?

#59     Sep 2, 2008
  10. I got it. Thanks Gnome!!

#60     Sep 2, 2008