Need help with multi monitor setup

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by flipflopper, Aug 17, 2008.

1. Cool. I bought it new. Thanks for your help.

#21     Aug 18, 2008
  2. ok... I just ordered the monitor stand from ergoindemand.

http://www.ergoindemand.com

Call them up and ask for Anthony. They Have a new setup that isn't even on the website yet that can accommodate six 24 inch wide screens.

Needless to say I am juiced!!

#22     Aug 18, 2008
  3. I did a ton of research before I bought my quad monitor array. Ended up buying from http://www.multiplexpc.com I think they sell 6 monitor arrays as well. Maybe check them out. I don't think they were that expensive for the 6 monitor stand. Good luck!

#23     Aug 20, 2008
  4. ellevers

ellevers

#24     Aug 20, 2008
  5. Got my screens, stand, and video card today!!

I am having the strangest problem. When I plugged in my new quadro 440 my cursor turned into a bunch of dots!!!!

Installed all the latest drivers!?

Anyone who has solved this problem please help. Impossible to get a hold of nvidia tech support!!

#25     Aug 26, 2008
  6. mokwit

mokwit

This is what puts me off nvidia, there seems to be absolutely NO WAY you can communicate with a human being from their website. Interested in others experience of their tech support.

Sorry, no solution

#26     Aug 26, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

Try deleting the mouse from System/Hardware/Device Manager, then reboot. Windows will reinstall the mouse driver.

What computer do you have, brand and model, and are you running Vista or XP?

#27     Aug 26, 2008
  8. This appears to have been some sort of conflict with the Quadro and my 7600 GS.

When I put just my old cards in and reinstall the drivers everything is back to normal.

When I install just the quadro on its own I get a similar issue.

I have two pci express 16 slots so I've tried the quadro and one of my other cards in all possible combinations.

For now I reinstalled my two 7600's again so I can work tomorrow and will try again then.

I have an Abit IP35 Pro motherboard and windows xp so I will try to contact all my other vendors for help on this too.

Thanks.

#28     Aug 27, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

The NVS 440 works for most mobos, but a few ET'ers have mentioned problems with it even when installed alone. Your situation is not helped by installing a 7600 along with it.... different drivers, you know.

If you have a PCI slot available and can work with 1600x1200 DVI max on 2 displays, you might want to try an NVS 280 PCI card.

The 280 might work with your two 7600s, or you might have to go with 2, NVS 290 PCIEx16s + 280 PCI to support 6-monitor rig.

#29     Aug 27, 2008
  10. hajimow

hajimow

If you use 6 monitors, you profit will grow six times :D

#30     Aug 27, 2008