Need Help with Futures Questions

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by maxtrax, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Sioux

Sioux

Magna-

You are correct, in order to break-even using our platform Vs. IB's platform, 338 RT per month is the number.

But we also know that your success as a trader is not dependent on luck, or tenacity, but rather your ability to get in the "zone" and stay there.

So, I ask you...What is the following worth to you?

* The phone is picked up on the first or second ring, No voice mail systems or painfully long hold times.

*You are always with respect , like your volume matters

*Desk is staffed with knowledgeable ex-exchange floor traders and ex-exchange employees who know you by name when you call

*You are using a PRO platform built for SPEED, one with an in-house development staff accessible to you by phone or email

* FFastTrade will test your latencies on ANY trade you request and then share those times with you, rather than BLAMING you or your computer for EVERYTHING.

* When you do have a problem, how is it handled? Can you get through to someone immediately to find out what your position is or get a status report? Do you have the ability to execute by phone at no additional charge?

* Do the customer service and tech support reps at IB give out their cell phone numbers, should you need to ask a question on Sunday morning at 10:00AM?

How much more successful would you be if you were allowed to focus on your trading, rather than your frustration.

Susan
    FFastTrade Sales Manager
    800-278-6308

#21     Mar 10, 2003
  2. Wow, I feel like I just received one of those "advertising only" versions of Futures Magazine.

I must say that I'd suggest the following :

a) Esignal datafeed
    b) PFG simulator for 2 months (for practice only)
    c) trade one lots until weekly profitability and risk/reward level off.
    d) IB for your broker

:cool:

#22     Mar 10, 2003
  3. Sioux

Sioux

Sorry, but I'm really just giving the facts. Any broker can talk about "low commissions" and "great customer service". I am simply spelling out EXACTLY what sets FFastTrade apart from IB.

#23     Mar 10, 2003
  4. graeco

graeco Guest

I wish more index futures traders would give us their stuff just like that.

#24     Mar 10, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Or what you consider to be the facts.

Since you're an advertiser, there's no reason why you shouldn't expound upon the virtues of your company. But it's hardly professional to claim that you're superior to another advertiser.

--Db

#25     Mar 10, 2003
  6. josbarr

josbarr

Exactly

#26     Mar 10, 2003
  7. Whamo

Whamo

Maxtrax,

If you decide on eSignal I would recommend you try their simulated broker. I currently use Ensign's simulated broker with an eSignal data feed and find it much better than PFG's or the CME's simulator.

#27     Mar 10, 2003
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

Susan,

I was responding to trendy's assertion that "FFasttrade... has arguably the lowest fees." When it comes to customer service, however, I agree with you on many of your points. Personally I've been using IB for my emini order-entry over the last 7-8 months and am quite pleased. It's a damn quirky interface to be sure, but I've gotten used to it and strangely enough find it suits my emini trading style. Then again, I haven't had to deal with their customer service, and frankly from what I've read at ET I hope I never need to.... :)

#28     Mar 10, 2003
  9. prox

prox

The best support is one that never needs to be used.

If I had to spend time calling to have problems fixed, then there is something wrong with the system.

Just like a car.. I'd gladly take a Toyota with no warranty , knowing that it willl probably never break .. over a Hyundai with a 10 year warranty.

#29     Mar 10, 2003
  10. gwnorth

gwnorth

In the end it is really what they say. You get what you pay for.

Happy Trails People:D

#30     Mar 10, 2003