Need help on 2 issues, which I think are psychological

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by RedDuke, Apr 24, 2006.

1. RedDuke

RedDuke

Cheese,

I am not sure of you read Market Wizards, if not, I highly recommend. As you will read it, you will see that most of these very successful traders had a lot of troubles in the beginning, but were able to over come them. What would happen of us humans if we would give up at the first sign of difficulty?

I have few specific issues which I am working on to improve my odds. This hardly calls for quitting as you suggest. And trust me, if I do not make it as full time trader, the only one I will blame would be me.

Napa,

I think "boredom" could be a part of my problem. I could stare at the charts for 30-40 minutes without anything happening, and it only natural for the mind to start going off to other things. This is what I am trying to learn how to deal with. Unfortunately exercise or reading a book will not help because these activities will take me away from the screen, and this is exactly where I need to be. I do have alarm set, but it does not cover a lot of scenarious.

Regards,
    redduke

#21     Apr 25, 2006
  2. Same Issue here, i can't sit infront of the monitor that long, I have to stand up and do something after awhile or just something else. I usually trade for an hour, and then take a 15 minute break and then trade an hour, then 15 minute break. Then lunch break.... and then back at it for the last two hours.

I scalp, so it is not an issue to leave the screen for a few minutes to take a break.

It keeps me fresh at the screen though.... kinda like a basketball player or hockey player needs a break in the game to switch it up.

EDIT:
    "I am not sure of you read Market Wizards, if not, I highly recommend. As you will read it, you will see that most of these very successful traders had a lot of troubles in the beginning, but were able to over come them. What would happen of us humans if we would give up at the first sign of difficulty?"

BTW, that was a great read, definately inspiring and helpful.

#22     Apr 25, 2006