Need Help of a trading community.

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by MBfromLA, Dec 2, 2004.

1. zdreg

zdreg

a cheap lesson. thanks for a reminder of what a jungle is out there. let us know if you get your money back.

#21     Jan 4, 2005
  2. I have also been 'scammed' by the bestdaytrader / shay / shogun-trader chat room.

Basically, ditto for everything that the first poster said. Its all b.s. marketing. I didn't know what I was getting into, and I guess that is how he makes most of his money -- off of people that are ignorant (newbies).

After learning more about what makes a real trading system, I joined a site that so far has done wonders for me... www.008trader.com -- I suggest that you look for similar trading sites that show EVERY trade with both entries and exits. This is VERY important as was the case of www.bestdaytrader.com (shay only gives entries, not exits -- how stupid could i have been?).

Anywhoo, like other posters here said, make sure you do your due diligence and ask questions first, not last (hindsight sucks, i know).

-Thomas

#22     Mar 7, 2005
  3. _oh oh .... waxie , better watch out !

from the FAQ in the link to 008

-WAIT, YOU WILL PAY ME?-

-Yes. You read that right. You become a member, refer a friend, they sign up, and we pay you up to $50. It's that simple. There is no limit to the amount of times you can do this. It is a low-risk marketing tool (we like low risk!), and at the same time, a great opportunity for our members. We know our members are the greatest advocates of the 008 system, because THEY are making money!-

:p

#23     Mar 7, 2005
  4. Nereus

Nereus

I too was once a member at BestDaytrader.com. When I first started out, I knew nothing about the market. Shay did teach me some basic concepts.. but nothing very significant. What I did find out is that he receives a commish on every trade that his clients make thru the "Recommended" broker, Speedtrader. (Gee, I wonder why he makes so many calls during the day...)

I chose to leave that room because of all the rudeness that exudes from Shay... Heaven forbid, if you have a different opinion than Shay. I have heard many other previous members complain of the same kind of nonsense. One member mentioned to Shay that he was interested in trading the Eminis. Shay's comment was, "before you do that, take $10k and put in your fireplace... now light it up with a match, watch it burn..." then he went on to say... "if you trade eminis.. your not welcome here in this room... and if you trade eminis.. you will burn out within a month."

Gee, I wonder why he is so against trading emini's....??? Perhaps cuz Speedtrader doesnt support the trading of such?? Thus, no commish for Shay??

Anyway, this was all a couple years ago for me and currently, I along with a couple other buddies, are doing just fine trading emini's, stocks and options... with out the help of Shay's infinite and superior trading knowledge. Oh, did he tell you that he is a Genious with no need of further education? F---ing absurd!

Life's lessons can be rewarding if you let them be... even when they seem to be very negative.. you have still learned something very valuable. Going to College again would be much more expensive than a few months shelling out 200 bucks a month.

Nuff Said.... Cheers!

#24     May 5, 2005
  5. lol
    I guess you are lucky they kicked you out, you probably would have lost even more money staying as a customer lol

#25     May 5, 2005
  6. monetoz

monetoz

Welp, the peculiar thing is that this guy was a sponsor on ET. Is there ANY vendor ET will not take for the almighty dollar? I believe ET would do just fine with brokers/data/software advertising. I don't know why ET owner feels the need to stoop to such a low level of letting this scum advertise on ET. And bestdaytrader is not the only example... traderbrad.com anyone?

Everyone will be judged according to their deeds.

#26     May 8, 2005