Need help, mouse going crazy

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TMcKenna, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Why is everyone assuming he has a ball-style mouse? I have an optical mouse that occasionally does what he said. On close inspection, a piece of lint was stuck in the little well where the LED and light sensor are mounted. It was waving around and confusing the optical tracking processor.

BTW, I really prefer optical mice. The mechanical mice really do get gunked up and it's a pain.

Avoid wireless mice and stick with wired ones.

Trust me, I'm an engineer. LOL

#11     Mar 27, 2007
  2. atozcom

atozcom

Who is still using mouse with a track ball?

I have not seen "ball" mouse for many years. You can buy an new optical mouse for less than $10.00.

#12     Mar 27, 2007
  3. gnome

gnome

FWIW... I recently bought an XG 2500 Laser mouse. It's wired, but the wire is so thin, flexible and light that there is no perceptible drag.

As much as I like Logitech, their large and less flexible wires are a comparative negative.

#13     Mar 27, 2007
  4. Tums

Tums

#14     Mar 27, 2007
  5. I think 'regular mouse' here means a normal, non-laptoppy mouse.

#15     Mar 27, 2007
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I do. I don't like the oversensitiveness of the laser mouse. On the other hand the I had a lasermouse that did a similar thing. The slight movement of the table was the reason...

#16     Mar 27, 2007
  7. stfreak

stfreak

hey mate

try one of the razer gaming mice. you will find them at:

www.razerzone.com

Usually, gaming mice offer the finest features, also for traders. I personally use razor copperhead + exactmat as a surface. This mouse also has a nice gimmic called "on the fly sensivity", which allows you to adjust the sensivity with hotkeys: A slow, exact movement for drawing and charting and a fast one for trading.

Also the "always on" feature is nice. Normal mice switch of the sensor after some time of inactivity and you have to moove the mouse to reactivate it, which can cause some drag....not with this one.
    Add a saitek - eclipse keyboard and you will never have any problems with accuracy of keystrokes.

I know, it sounds a bit weird to spend 80$ for mouse and 40$ for a keyboard, but I tell you of my own experience:

I used to use cheap, shitty mice for 12$ and a cheap keyboard for my laptop, but it´s so anoying to loose money just because your mousecursor is flickering or doesn´t go the way you want it to go.

I´m really not a techie, but give it a try and check the smooth, exact feeling. You won´t use anything else

BTW, it is really not intended to advertise here.
    Just wanna help

#17     Mar 27, 2007
  8. Has he specified that it's a wired mouse? My wireless mouse does that when the battery is dying.

#18     Mar 27, 2007
  9. I do. I don't like sensitivity of the laser mouse I just tried. It's too fast. The new usb track mouse is too sensitive too. I barely touched the left click and bam order executed. I am glad I am learning a new method on sim. :eek:

#19     Mar 27, 2007
  10. The sensitivity of the mouse is adjustable. Go to Control Panel : Mouse

#20     Mar 27, 2007