Need Help!!! Level 2 And Inst. Firms

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by sit4brainz, Jun 22, 2003.

1. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Does it show the complete book?

Level II does not show the real picture since the order can hide price & size. Read time & sales is better.

#11     Jun 23, 2003
  2. I appreciate your taking the time to help me out....... Still have no idea where to find the large institutional trades but this " young grasshopper" will keep trying............ good trading to you all

#12     Jun 24, 2003
  3. guess your missing the point we are trying to make... you will be hard pressed to follow institutional activity on level 2, you follow it better on the T&S: where are the trades going off bid or ask or and follow the size... a lot depends on what and how you are trading i.e. if you are trading a GE or HD for the first time you will think a lots going on when it isnt, trades of 10-50k are childsplay to the high volume stocks but if you are in a thin nasdaq issue its easy to see, the elephant in the bath tub principle...
    also are you intraday trading, in which you should be fixated on the t&a at all times... if you are a swing trader you may be better off looking at charts...
    anyway you look at it forget level 2 right now... its not the right path

#13     Jun 24, 2003