Need help in starting........

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by nix, Mar 10, 2006.

1. nix

nix

Spydertrader,
    thank u very much I really appreciate u suggestions........

Omni...
    I agree that its a business and let me tell you that I am already going to spend good ammount of time and effort to learn the stuffs ... I know asking for a free book sounds cheap but let me tell you that its not always the same..... sometime you can find good stuffs also .... and start thinking if google will start charging ..... ???
    and its not like as if I will read only these books and will start trading .......its a kind of foolish step ...... I am just preparing in advance so that I can get a feeling of the market and this is the only reason I asked for some good material to read........

thanks
    NIX

#11     Mar 11, 2006
  2. online and a few good chart reading books...........there is more free info there thanu will ever need.........learn to read charts...........spend a few t housand hours and a couple of years minimum before u dive in otherwise u probablhy will be disappointed and quit with a subatstantial loss o like most of the rest...........don't do too much forum stuff here as all u get is smoke..........and mirrors........education u just completed won't help as much a s one woruld think..........usually it is a hindrance as perception is not reality.........reality is that it takes tenacity, not money.........you can open an account with 2,000 dollars........recommend at least 4 for YM..........trade 1 contract until u know shwhat u r doing........u won't take this advice because it is not overninght riches nor glamorous enough for most........and that is why most fail.......even the brilliant ones.......they are expecting riches quickly and it won't happen for long term...........staying in business requires terrific discipline and dedication.........demo trade realtime if possible...trading intraday dead charts is folly......only one thing is bad .......losing money........bad for acct.......emotions.....family ...personally....future.....confidence ...losing money is bad......good trading and happy life

#12     Mar 11, 2006
  3. Listen to Porgie and get a real job instead. In the business, perhaps, but a salaried position.
    Forget about trading right away. Cramer (no opinions please) put out an excellent 4 part article several years ago (2003???) which you could probably dredge up on Thestreet.com (for free:D ) aimed at those thinking about running money/getting into the biz. You might search for that.
    Successful trading is not glamorous nor exciting. Just trudging along every day, looking for what you've found works for you in whatever market(s) that may be in a disciplined attentive manner. Lonley and hard work.
    Get a job, or two, first, college friend. School-->Trading misses out on too much important life stuff that should happen in between.

fare ye well.

#13     Mar 24, 2006
  4. trading bubble???

#14     Mar 24, 2006
  5. do uself a favor and start tradin' etfs and later stocks...if successful with those vehicles then u can consider futs......still, I would avoid them altogether; it is tough to find an edge in mkts dominated by algos and overleveraged bracket traders lookin' to pick up a penny here'n'there.

lots of work for u ahead...

have a nice day

#15     Mar 24, 2006
  6. HEy nix

The best thing i would say is open a account with $2000 and go live
    And if u loose the $2000 understand that it was a tuition fees
    That is the best way u will come to know actually trading
    Paper Trading is BS and book u read and all are also not really practical then having you live account and trading it
    1 thing is there Make sure dont let your losses run no matter what u will always have a opportunity waiting for you
    Good Luck

#16     Mar 24, 2006
  7. AUGGIE

AUGGIE

8. Maybe, maybe not. You regularly make this reference. However, the fact is that there are always people entering and exiting the trading arena. That's what makes it work. And this is the kind of place where you get to hear about it.

#18     Mar 26, 2006
  9. gordo

gordo

Don't think that it is that no one wants to help you. Actually, there have been some good suggestions. If they seemed a bit terse, take it as an illustration of how cutting a career in the markets can be. And what it takes to earn it. There are plenty of people that are willing to help, but particularily in this field, there is alot of work required to be successful. Understand up front that the road to success becomes a lifestyle. And a number of the more experienced members here might be waiting to see what you are made of. I am sure that you understand that there are numerous people that come to places like ET looking for answers. Be patient, think about what people are telling you, and yes, you are going to pay "tuition" - for books, trading, learning. That having been said, check out some of the links, do a search for books here, and be patient. Amazon also has reviews of trading books. Good luck and good trading to you.

gordo

#19     Mar 26, 2006
  10. JDAndy

JDAndy

Nix,

Invest a little time actually reading the responses. As Gordo points out, there is some good information contained within many of them. In addition, there is a wealth of information on ET if one is willing to take the time to read through.

The CME and CBOT sites have education sections that would probably be a good place to start. Search ET for "newbie" as there have been numerous of posts by others requesting similar information. By reading some of those posts, you will find individuals that have a style you "connect" with and can then search for posts by those members.

If the replys you have seen thus far have offended, you are in for a very rude awakening once you enter the real world of the trading business. Good luck to you...

#20     Mar 26, 2006