Need help, I'm new to trading...

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by youngbeast777, Dec 16, 2008.

1. I'm looking to practice my trading skills without using real money but I want to use software that simulates what happened during the market open hours so I can trade after I get home from work (after 6pm). Is there software that recreates what happened in the stock market (maybe just a few stocks) so I can try to day trade using technical analysis using fantasy money? not sure if this even exists but I need to practice and I can't do it during the hours of 9am to 4pm. I need to do it after I get home from work. If anyone has any suggestions it would be great! thanks in advanced.

2. ProTrade Greg

ProTrade Greg ET Sponsor

Hello, we offer several solutions to our clients, and we're adding new ones all the time. Unfortunately, none of the products we offer have playback data available to use with a paper trading account. They all offer paper trading accounts...but it's usually with old data (several days or weeks old) or 15-min delayed data.

Good luck finding what you're looking for.

Sincerely,

Greg Davis
    ProTradeFinancial.com

3. Ensign has a play back feature that is pretty good, also within the platform there is a sim account feature. I think you can play it back at normal speed or make it faster, i havent had ensign for awhile. I know it works really good for the futures like the ES, but i never tried it with stocks. If i remeber right you can choose which day you want to re play. Like today , yesterday 2 weeks ago ect....

Its not free , but if you really want to learn i think it might be worth looking into.

Hope this helps,

TG

4. mtcx2009

mtcx2009

As tradergirl said I believe Ensign has the feature and a few others do as well.