Need help finding a trustworthy commodity broker

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Lethn, Aug 18, 2009.

1. Lethn

Lethn

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm also pretty new to the idea of trading but I'd like to try and get into it. I've been trying to do some research by myself but it's so damn obscure with all the advertisements to find reliable information that I'm having a hard time. Adding that with the fact that a large number of brokers won't even seem to list all their fees properly or tell you what their markets are like its actually gone and made my head hurt.

Long story short, I'm looking to invest with small amounts in the commodity market though if you think I might be better off in another area I'd appreciate the assistance. I'm currently looking at getting a low tier job in the games industry as a 3D artist. I won't be getting much but I plan on putting a little aside each time I get my pay-check and I'll put that into trading.

Please give me all the advice you can give. It would be great if I could get a broker without the minimum account prices so I could get started right away when I get my job but if I need to get a broker with a minimum account number it isn't a problem.

I also have some questions generally about these markets, is there a large amount of prices and commodities going back and forth or does that depend on the broker? Also how much does the commodity market fluctuate?

Some of these questions I just haven't been able to find any answers on when researching by myself.

2. Lethn

Lethn

My bad, I made a double post somewhere else before I got activated and didn't think it got through, would like it if people just posted in this one.

3. Lethn

Lethn

I'm confuzzled o_O who's IB?

Oh and I was thinking of investing in silver actually because the prices seem low for now, thought that might be a good place to start.

As for the others, is there anyone you'd recommend? I've heard about brokers who charge extra fees depending on how much you make etc. etc. so I wouldn't know where to start.

Edit: Ah and by IB do you mean Interactive Brokers?

4. I have an IB (introducing broker) desk at my firm. PM if you need a reco.