Need help coding Jh volume indicator for esignal

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Learning_SCT, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. found it, thank you very much.

#31     Aug 7, 2008
  2. dear jack or anyone else

can someone give me a quick rundown on how to draw these gaussians on the volume like on this chart.

thank you

[​IMG]

#32     Aug 7, 2008
  3. so far this is how i understand the gaussian lines.

in a uptrend, if the prices are heading up, and the volume is either increasing or stable, we draw a black gaussian with a positive slope (pointing up)

then if we get a retracement, with decreasing or stable volume, we draw a red gaussian sloping down.

when we get a downmove with increasing volume, we draw a red gaussian pointing up, and then when there is a retracement in the downmove, we draw a black gaussian sloping down.

r2r and b2b fomations are basically potential reversal points. i believe this is where the ''MACD and STOCH makes good helpers'' thread from jack comes into play.

i swear the gods guys, i read the entire jack hershey PRV SCT thousand pages long threads, twice, but i still miss some information.

jack or spyder or anyone knowing the answer, can you please help me? i'm really willing to devote a lot of energy in this, but i need assistance of a more knowledgeable person on the subject than me.

#33     Aug 7, 2008
  4. Tums

Tums

Check the first month of last year's futures journal. There is a detailed discussion there.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83604&perpage=6&pagenumber=1

tips and tricks:
    go to the first page of the journal, change the URL to &perpage=40 (that's the max).
    Use your browser's "find" function to highlight all the "gaussian" keyword.

or

press the "Print" button at the top right corner of the page. It will covert the whole thread into a text document. (it will take some time because this is a long thread.)
    You can save the doc to your computer and then it will make searching of your keyword easier.

#34     Aug 7, 2008
  5. No personal attacks.

#35     Aug 7, 2008
  6. Ezzy

Ezzy

Jack,

Couldn't find much discussion on sector rotation, just mention of it in passing. From what I gather it's not trading sector funds as the term might imply. But using the template on the sectors, to position trade stocks within those sectors. Is that correct? Are there plans to cover this at some point?

Regards - EZ

#36     Aug 7, 2008
  7. doli

doli

Well, if I've been conditioned to look at things from more than one point of view, I am certainly happy that it happened! It's a valuable thing, financially valuable for a trader. If everyone were conditioned like that, they could consider themselves somewhat educated.

#37     Aug 7, 2008
  8. ehorn

ehorn

Jack,

Would you elaborate on the 'Pace change over-rider' and it's logic application in use or storage?

I know the importance of pace and how money velocity is directly related to pace. But from a programmability perspective (i.e. the cases, channels, PRV and jokari are programmable) I am unsure I am grasping all of your intent on the over-rider... am I missing something here?

Thanks for any additional clarity.

#38     Aug 16, 2008
  9. ehorn

ehorn

So as I think on this a bit more, what I am coming up with is the following... But I am not confident it is what was intended or the track I should be focused on?

[​IMG]

#39     Aug 16, 2008
  10. From a programming point of view (and also monitoring), the question seems to be, how do you differentiate between volume change within the Jokari window and pace change (thus of the whole window), on a bar to bar basis?

But the 'internals detector' seems to refer to something else ... unless it's what you use to determine pace change.

-palinuro

#40     Aug 17, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.