Need help choosing software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by RobertEM, Nov 2, 2007.

1. RobertEM

RobertEM

Hello,

I am new to trading and I'm in need of some help deciding which software would be best for my situation.

I plan to day trade but would like some extra assurance just in case things don't go as planned.

What I would like to do is find stocks that would be good candidates for swing trading and from there, screen those stocks for opportunities for day trading.

Which software would be best for this?

Also, when a stock is selected for purchase I would like the ability to monitor that stock for the best time to sell.

Any recommendations?

Thank you for your time,

Robert

2. Heidi

Heidi

Since you are new to trading you might want to look into www.cool-trade.com. It has sample strategies already available that you can use or revise, or you can build your own from scratch. You set the parameters for the stock selection and the rules for entry and exit. You can run it in simulation as long as you need to in order to feel comfortable with your strategy.

For charting you might consider Medved Quote Tracker which is free. You just need to have one of the brokers they use to supply the data feed. Ameritrade bought them out but they still accommodate many other brokers.

Good luck and happy trading!