Need Help Accessing Financialchat.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by tschnei1, Aug 3, 2012.

1. tschnei1

tschnei1

Haven't been able to get in www.financialchat.com via Google or access with MIRC software.

When I try MIRC, keeps saying "Software caused connection abort".

Can anyone help here?

2. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I use mIRC software to connect to financialchat every trading day. I have no connection problems...same with the Othernet servers too...no connection problems.

I see a few hundred traders on financialchat server and on Othernet server.

Therefore, seems like you've recently made some changes to your computer to be having connection problems...did you do any upgrades recently to anything on your computer ???

3. tschnei1

tschnei1

Haven't made any software or other updates . . . which is why this is so confounding.

Tried reloading MIRC software too . . . here's what I'm typing in which I think is correct:

Description: FinancialChat
    IRC Server: irc.financialchat.com
    Port(s) 6667

When I select IRC Server in MIRC Options, should I pick the first Financialchat and Random Server beneath it or some other?

Appreciate any help or alternate route you can offer . . .

4. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I'm sure you would have tried the Financialchat and the Random server by now considering it only takes a simple mouse click.

The settings you posted are the exact same ones I have.

Therefore, maybe you have different settings in your mIRC program elsewhere in the software in that "Connect" category such as the subgroup Options, Identd, Proxy and Local.

Yet, I'm going to assume you were connected and then have any problems until recently but you did say you made no changes and your computer did no updates. I will also assume you're using the same firewall software or any other software that protects your computer while surfing the internet...no changes...correct ???

Anyways, something obviously changed considering you didn't have any connection problems before. You just need to investigate and determine what has changed.