Need desperate help (Lost life savings)

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Needdesperatehelp, Feb 16, 2021.

1. SunTrader

SunTrader

Everyone? Uhhh no, not me anyway.

#101     Feb 21, 2021
    Illini Trader likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

LMAO

#102     Feb 21, 2021
  3. #103     Feb 21, 2021
  4. Bad_Badness

Bad_Badness

Put it up on something like C2 (Collective 2) where you cannot fudge the numbers, then people might take it more seriously. No offense intended, but posting on a web site is not credible. If your record is truly awesome, it will show. Otherwise people will continue to have doubts.

#104     Feb 21, 2021
  5. EIGHT YEARS.

YOU ARE FINISHED.

Become a Veterinarian. If I were to start again, I would have chosen that profession, out of school. Pet dies, but you don't feel as bad as if grandmother died.

I know some of the best transplant surgeons/etc in the world (30+ hour operations, non-stop), and when the patient dies, it's devastating...

#105     Feb 22, 2021
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Oh yeah?

Well no need to go into details here... but when jogging in Japan with ear-buds in.... your ass better look to the right when you step off a sidewalk.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    #106     Feb 23, 2021
    Illini Trader likes this.
  7. legionx

legionx

Read Atomic Habits and The Compound Effect though the latter imo is better. GL.

#107     Feb 23, 2021
  8. MotionX

MotionX

I think you lacked patience, in the greed of getting quick bucks, you have wasted all your money. You must realise that you need to wait, work on your discipline. Going against the market will give you nothing except loss.

#108     Feb 25, 2021
  9. thursday

thursday

Even I was thinking of the same thing, I just hope that he will learn his lesson and not to go against the market because it will never end well.

#109     Mar 1, 2021
  10. This is mathematically disprovable. Here is an example (many exist):
    upload_2021-3-8_9-28-49.png

As you see in this vertical spread, you pay .85 for a spread with intrinsic value of 1.00. A stock ending at or above its current price is >50%. Therefore, the win probability here is >50%.

R:R. Max reward here is 1.65 ( = total ITM value of 2.5 - .85 in initial debit). Reward to Risk ratio is ~ 2:1 for a favorable R:R.

I may be wrong, but the math is pretty basic and rigorous. The only assumption here is that a stock is at least as likely to end at or above its current price. That seems to be an extremely robust long-term assumption. Perhaps I'm missing something?

#110     Mar 8, 2021