Need desk for 6 monitors plus stand

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kmgilroy89, Jun 12, 2018.

1. I bought 24'' 6 monitors and a stand. The stand will sit on the desk, not be mounted to it. However, I'm guessing that there will be 75 pounds of weight concentrated in a small area. I want a desk that's ~30'' high, ~30'' deep, and 60-72'' long. I would like to buy something off of Amazon, but I worry how much weight these desks can handle. I don't need anything fancy, just something that can support the weight of the stand/monitors sitting on it without bending. Thanks.

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Not that much weight. I have this with two draws on the left side. Not a wood desk, but hard wood would be over $2K.

CSEtrader and kmgilroy89 like this.
  3. Thanks. That looks perfect. Affordably priced. We have Hon desks at work too.

4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Mine is smaller, about 60". I put it together myself. Box is really heavy. You will need help or a hand truck.

5. qxr1011

qxr1011

if its not a secret why would one need 6 monitors?

6. Why wouldn't you have 6 monitors? Haha. I like to watch a lot of stocks/screeners. I have 4 at my office at work and felt like getting 2 more for my setup at home. Thought about 8 to be honest, because why not?

viruscore1 likes this.
  7. zdreg

zdreg

overload.

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. 16 GB of Ram can handle 6. No problem.

9. I have 6 x 1080P monitors and 2 laptops with client accounts. My backup computer has 1 40" 4k monitor looking for another 4k monitor, equivalent to 8 x 1080P. I like looking at all my main charts without flipping screens.

Jones75 and CSEtrader like this.
  10. truetype

truetype

Cheap/free from Nextdoor, letgo, OfferUp, craigslist... People are always looking to get rid of bulky, hard-to-move furniture.

#10     Jun 12, 2018