Need Broker Recommendation

Discussion in 'Forex Brokers' started by Mr. KISS, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Mr. KISS

Mr. KISS

Requirements:

1) No more than $1000 minimum deposit (preferably $500 as I'm just starting out and want to test the waters before risking significant sums).

2) Trading platform has server-based Trailing Stops, so I don't have to have the platform client software running for a Trailing Stop to execute. (My PC is a notebook as I'm a Consultant that travels a lot.)

3) Associated OCO orders using Trailing Stops (per my other post, FXCM strangely does not let you do an Associated OCO order with a Trailing Stop and a Limit. So you have to manually take profit. (My timetable is weeks, I don't want to be worried if I don't look at my account for a day or two)

4) Weekly and monthly chart periods. (Oanda's goofy Java-based platform only goes as far as daily!)

5) Robust, easy to use platform. (I have MT4, but any brokerage using MT4 you can't have server-based trailing stops) FXCM's FXTrader Platform is very nice and well designed but no Associated OCO orders with Trailing Stop!!

6) Notice I didn't say anything about small/fixed spreads, low slippage, etc. When you are on a weekly timeframe, I don't think those things are nearly as important than if you are a Scalper/Day Trader. (Correct me if I'm wrong. :)