Need an Answer

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by LiL"C", May 5, 2004.

1. Just to be serious for a moment, the best advice I can give you is to go long Berkshire Hathaway. It's a very well run and managed business.

The Troll

#41     May 6, 2004
  2. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

Hey Prince your not a troll your a JackAzz big difference I just wanted some advice because this new to me so go screw yourself

#42     May 6, 2004
  3. Inflation-adjusted, Rich Dennis's $200 is something like 4x that today.

#43     May 6, 2004
  4. GGSAE

GGSAE

If you're looking at an account that doesn't require capital contribution down the road, then maybe you aren't as serious as you would have yourself believe.

#44     May 6, 2004
  5. Where can you open up a brokerage account with 200 bucks? Im not sure you can even open up a pass book savings account with 200 buck now days, can you? Did I miss something?

#45     May 6, 2004
  6. Speaking of drugs...for 200.00 bucks, you could get what, ten beans? Maybe on sheet of paper. At my local bar, you could also get 100 pints of PBR

#46     May 6, 2004
  7. "With OANDA which trades in units rather than lots/contract/shares, this is possible as one get the same spread (commission) as everyone else. With units one can do proper position sizing with any amount."

LiL "C,"

We have tried to tell you but I got the feeling that you thought I was messing with you so I will give it one more shot. With your account size any place that charges a set commission is unrealistic because it will gobble up you account. Even the $14.95 per month place discussed on previous pages is too expensive: you will need to make 7.475% per month or an annual return of 89.7% per year just to break even. Retail forex will charge you 2 or 3 pips (the spread) on the majors so your transaction costs will be proportionate to your account size. It's the only thing that you can do with with your account size where the odds will not be incredibly stacked against you because of transaction costs or fees.

TRADERguy

#47     May 6, 2004
  8. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

I went to Oanda .com and it seems all you can trade is currency am I missing something

#48     May 6, 2004
  9. No you didn't miss anything. The foreign exchange spot market is a good market to trade: it trends and it has volatility. My reluctance to recommend retail forex is because of the retail part. Normally I tell someone to trade currency futures until they can afford an account that actually trades in the interbank market. The problem with retail forex is that the "broker" is the house. They take the other side of your trades. They also supply the prices and can get away with some manipulation of the prices. However they can't get away with too much because if they get too far out of line with the real (interbank) market, traders will arb them and cost them money. To protect yourself against the small scale price manipulation, avoid trying to scalp for a few pips (a pip is the smallest price movement, i.e. in the Euro 1/100th of a penny). If you are daytrading be very selective and seek to take a chunk of the middle of trend days. If you're swing or position trading their price manipulation shouldn't affect you.

#49     May 6, 2004
  10. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

So when I do buy something make sure I hold it for more than a point how right and if that is right how many points to hold it before I unload it. How do I figure out what they get say I bought 70 shares at $2.00 a share whats there cut

#50     May 6, 2004