Need an Answer

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by LiL"C", May 5, 2004.

1. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

Well I understand it's not going to be easy nothing ever is and I agree I'm gonna have to learn alot and study and watch what's going but I'm willing to do that because I'm determined and I also agree with you that you gotta be able to have fun doing it and so far belive it or not I am having fun. I was just looking for some pointers from people who do this alot I really don't need smartazz answers or stupid questions from people I was just looking for some tips that's all and I thought I would get serious people who are willing to help because everyone has to start somewhere even you big shots but most people but not all are jerk offs. And I don't expect to make a killing right away or do I expect to double my money everyday I would be happy to come out ahead $10 to $20 a week after commission to start out with. I'm not selling my company or anything like that I make good money in my business but I'm not going to dump a couple thousand down the drain I rather bet it on football or cards or play go fish for that matter I'm just trying to learn something that interest me that's why I bought books and I ask questions because that's the only way to learn. :cool:

#21     May 6, 2004
  2. www.buyandhold.com

14.95/mo unlimited window trades. Its not precision entries and exits and you can only go long, but there is the link.

Michael B.

#22     May 6, 2004
  3. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

Thanks for the link but you have to invest regularly whether its weakly or monthly and you have to hold it for awhile but thanks for the help anyway. I like the idea of a flat rate for a month that would make it easier to make money on a small bank roll

#23     May 6, 2004
  4. No you don't. I have an account there. Read it again. That's just a choice (EZvest) and you want to read about the unlimited trades choice. You got to dig. Call them with your list of questions like I did at (800)646-8212. You do not need to mention my name as I don't care to represent them, I am just a happy user.

Do you think I would post if I did not know? Also there is no hold requirement. You can even daytrade from window to window. (but please don't ask how you can get away with that and why they allow it, I do not want to go into a lengthy discussion about the PDT rules concerning window trades, as they are not discussed publicly)

To be a good trader you must be more observant if you are to survive. Also learn to separate the ones that truly want to help you and the trolls.

Michael B.

P.S. You must accept the fact that you can only go long and trade during 3 windows without limit orders and a minimum of $20.00 per new trade (they trade fractional shares to achieve your dollar amount you want to invest). You can trade in and out of as many Window stocks that you want (3500 stocks) 5 million times if you want at $14.95/mo 5 days a week. Your fills are combined with other traders and they execute it as a market order. The window times are 10:00est, 12:30 and 15:00. Again this may not be for you, I just thought for you to get experience this might be your ticket.

#24     May 6, 2004
  5. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

Thanks for all your help I checked it out better and your right the only hard thing is going from window to window and your right I need to weed out the trolls to get to the helpfull ones

#25     May 6, 2004
  6. You cannot daytrade now! So why is window to window an issue? Your not scalping for precision! You are most likely swing or position trading. I find the fills rather good. Just learn how to trade around them until you get enough money to move to direct access and limit orders.

Michael B.

P.S. With such a small amount of money, this seems to be the only way for you. The commissions will kill you otherwise. Just think how easy it will be for you to pull profit out with just $14.95/mo. How much will your trade need to go up before you can safely exit at market without worrying, compared to paying 14.00 rt?

#26     May 6, 2004
  7. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

Ok your right I'm going to call them tomorrow with a list of questions and I think I understand what your saying get the trading down first then worry about the window to window then move back to my present account that I have now

#27     May 6, 2004
  8. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

Right now it got to go up 20 to 30 cents just to break even after the $14.00 rt

#28     May 6, 2004
  9. ok you got it!

Now be careful and I wish you the best.

Michael B.

#29     May 6, 2004
  10. LiL"C"

LiL"C"

Thanks again for all your help and hopefully we can chat again

#30     May 6, 2004