need agressive chicago lawyer (not securities related)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by A$$hole, Nov 28, 2007.

1. A$$hole

A$$hole

Figured this was worth a shot here since there seems to be a decent # of chicago people here.

I need an aggressive downtown lawyer to help with the enforcement of a non- competition agreement / unfair competition complaint. This would be brought by a small business (2mm revenues/ 40 employees) against 5 former employees. Damages in the 100-200k range.

I'm looking to find the best mix of big, scary law firm but also willing to work with a small company and small company budget. I also want someone with litigation experience willing to follow through on a threat to go to court.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM so that contact info need not be publicly posted.

Thanks.

2. Consoltations are free take advantage of it. Meet with 3-4 lawyers tell them what you want, and what your willing to spend to do it. After finding one you like get in writing from them what they will do and what it will cost.

From experience in this matter you will be better off with a young hungry lawyer, than an established one from a big firm. The big firm guy will charge you so much more and for everything. Not to mention you will be bottom on the list of his/her priorities.

I hired a guy to threaten an employee for a noncompet, think we gave him $20k, so not worth it.