need advise on Citi

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by NewTrader, Oct 25, 2008.

1. fastmoney

fastmoney

Any information on GS buying C?

#21     Oct 26, 2008
  2. i am in the same shit
    Have C at $14.12
    It went to $19 I did not sell it and now it is at $12.00
    Just hoping it goes up a little bit then i will sell it

#22     Oct 26, 2008
  3. IMHO be real careful. This could still be a surprise name, too big to fail money center bank blow up in the works. My view is if Wachovia could go anyone could go. Without doing anything dramatic your first thought should be a collar. At this point your primary goal is to be out higher than zero. Each of you can come back with a better stock or two. Don't panic and feel married or pressured. Somewhere something will double off its lows when we finally bottom. Try to have some cash on hand for the opportunity. Draw a line in the sand.

P.S. I measured some stuff on C and this stock actually has really big support on Friday's lows. The length of this break equals the 1998-2000 rally. Important level to hold.

#23     Oct 26, 2008
  4. So is Citi bank sell or hold?
    Thank.s

#24     Oct 26, 2008
  5. Well let just hope that GS buy C and we can get out of this mess
    As yiou can see that There are a lot of chances c could be bought out

#25     Oct 26, 2008
  6. dsq

dsq

name me one recent bank takeover that didnt result in the stock tanking?wb,wm,ncc,aig?As of late all these take-overs have been really take-unders.
    All the aquirers are only interested in takeovers that they can get at a steal.Why pay a premium in this market?

#26     Oct 26, 2008
  7. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=avjGMsI8lEK0&refer=us

Goldman Approached Citi About Pursuing Merger Talks, FT Reports
    By Stuart Kelly

Oct. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc. approached Citigroup Inc. about holding discussions on a potential merger last month, ahead of the U.S. government's $700 billion bailout of the banking industry, the Financial Times said on its Web site.

Citigroup Chief Executive Officer Vikram Pandit rejected the idea from his counterpart at Goldman Sachs, Lloyd Blankfein, the newspaper said, citing people it didn't identify.

The deal, which was to have been structured as a takeover of Goldman by Citigroup, would have led to the firing of thousands of workers in the investment banking units of the two companies, and the loss of several senior executives, the newspaper said.

Spokespeople at Goldman and Citigroup in New York could not be contacted when telephoned out of normal office hours.

#27     Oct 26, 2008
  8. Below $11.80 I wouldn't be long.

#28     Oct 27, 2008
  9. this question should have been solved when you first entered the trade.

When you first enter a trade:

entry price: $15.00
    Stop price: $14.50
    target price: $15.75

Price action analysis: When I Enter , The price should go up from $15.00 -> $15.50
    IF it does not , I will exit @ $14.99

This is called a trade.

Now you will pay the price of not knowing how to prepare for a trade.

Equivalent to going to war with a chair as a weapon, Lets go to war!
    When someones hacking your legs off with an axe, then you ask, should I hit him with the chair or what?

You = idotti?

#29     Oct 27, 2008
  10. I wouldn't be long as well in such a case.

#30     Oct 28, 2008