Need Advice

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader99, Dec 6, 2016.

1. lcranston

lcranston

There is a third alternative: placing the stop at the point at which the market will prove that your decision to enter the trade (at whatever point you entered it) was wrong. This is neither fixed at a set number of *s nor does it have anything to do with support or resistance as they are generally defined these days. Granted this requires far more data-gathering than most beginners are willing to do, but it will tell one when to push, when to pull, when to leave alone.

#161     Jan 19, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  2. Xela

Xela

Indeed ... I do exactly this, myself (but in my case that is actually largely defined according to support or resistance: it's just very "local" support/resistance).

#162     Jan 19, 2018
  3. speedo

speedo

:thumbsup:

#163     Jan 19, 2018
  4. Did you make a killing in today's shock market, Xela...enough to buy fancy European label alligator boots, o_O
    [​IMG]
    I love alligator. and ostrich. and stingray. and elephant. and there's even a fish variety. -- i love all exotic skins, except for snake.
    Animals and humans, hunter and prey, night and day, the internal war against doing good and evil, earthquakes and volcanos building support/resitance...the market is truly part art, part science.

Make Trading Great Again 2018...High-Five` Pekelo and vanzandt and Sweet and Sour Bobby. and you too Speedo underwear, a Yin Yang symbol on each butt cheek.
    I want to buy Samsung's 49" ultrawide computer monitor, CHG90. it's mesmerizing. size does matter.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    #164     Jan 19, 2018
    murray t turtle and Xela like this.
  5. Xela

Xela

I didn't trade, today (I often don't work on Fridays).

I'm into shoes, not boots. [​IMG]

#165     Jan 19, 2018
    Overnight and murray t turtle like this.
  6. speedo

speedo

Rarely wear them anymore but here ya go LL

#166     Jan 19, 2018
  7. speedo

speedo

Here ya go

#167     Jan 19, 2018
  8. speedo

speedo

It doesn't want to post pic of my boots.

#168     Jan 19, 2018
  9. %%
    Lot of moves in the markets are like a stroke; acccidents don just happen they are caused:cool: But since you mentioned 2001-2003, most of that was bear market like GE is now + has been. SPY + QQQ ....are about as tight an uptrend as i seen it .

#169     Jan 19, 2018
  10. Xela

Xela

And who can blame it? [​IMG]

#170     Jan 19, 2018
    speedo likes this.