Need Advice

Discussion in 'Trading' started by trader99, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Visaria

Visaria

Xela trades 100 contracts a clip...

#101     Jan 12, 2018
  2. I have no idea what a clip is, I just quickly googled what a NQ point is.
    All I know are options. -- everything else is in the marketplace is foreign language to me.

But, how much money, or what % return, did she make today?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    #102     Jan 12, 2018
  3. Overnight

Overnight

If the only thing you trade is options, and you think trading is part art, part science, you should get into futures man. It would be a walk in the park for you! No wonder you need to be an alchemist to trade. You're trading the most difficult thing out there!

#103     Jan 12, 2018
  4. lcranston

lcranston

She didn't lose.

#104     Jan 12, 2018
    trader99 likes this.
  5. speedo

speedo

:thumbsup:

#105     Jan 12, 2018
  6. comagnum

comagnum

Someone outside the USA will need over $25M to execute a block trade (clip) on the NQ. If this is not a tale than the prop shop is really sticking their necks out. Trade long enough & you will go through a few shock events where trading halts only to reopen later with a big gap.

I could put on over 100 contracts at the overnight margin rate on the NQ trading my own account(s) but I never would, big deal since many people my age could do the same. To date my largest NQ/YM/ES/RTY/EMD position is 3 contracts. Remember that thing called risk mgmt?

#106     Jan 12, 2018
  7. speedo

speedo

Highly unlikely Visaria was serious.

#107     Jan 12, 2018
    Visaria and comagnum like this.
  8. speedo

speedo

NQ can't take that kind of volume on a day trade without some material slippage.

#108     Jan 12, 2018
    Xela likes this.
  9. Xela

Xela

Ooh, well, I'll be careful not to spend it all at once, then ... [​IMG]

#109     Jan 12, 2018
  10. themickey

themickey

That's the problem I see with futures trading, pecking like a sparrow while trying to feed an elephant.
    Working your butt off continuously, what a miserable way to make an income imo.
    With stock trading, EOD, one can load up on positions like a front end loader, large scoop fulls of opportunities, money working 24/7 while you eat, sleep and play.
    Here's a real life example, I'm sitting on 16 stock positions on resources atm, going up nigh between 1-5k a day most days and not doing a thing, just watching and sitting tight, not doing a single thing, just watching with finger on trigger.
    Has been like this several weeks now, placed a few trades inbetween, took 10 minutes of time.

#110     Jan 12, 2018