Need advice

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by NaveedH, Apr 5, 2012.

1. volente_00

volente_00

#31     May 8, 2012
  2. trading is not as fun as engineering.

stats and financial math are so dry. it's like counting grains of a sand.

greedy for money seems good but when you put money first, you probably won't make much money.

$10/hour, 90 hrs./week sounds like an engineering job.

engineering is really fun. i could spend 24/7/365 engineering stuff. it's like building models. it seems more rewarding, too. but it doesn't pay. can't pay bills :(

#32     May 8, 2012
  3. NaveedH

NaveedH

What are you talking about? Talking about fun with respect to trading and engineering is toootally relative.

When you put money first, you pay more attention...

There is no engineering job that pays $10 an hour. Not one. The avg. civil engineering degree out of school for the US is 52k a year or 24 an hour for 40 hours. In order to get to your $10 number you would need to work at a company that doesn't pay straight overtime (which many do) and work a little over 90 hours (which RARELY happens, and never for weeks on end).

By the way... you just said engineering can't pay bills... unless you're entitled and your quality of life is that of an NFL player... that makes no sense.

If you want to be a dick for the sake of being a dick thats fine, but at least dig up some relevant stuff to scare me off.

#33     May 8, 2012

4. No need to get all worked up. Just telling you and others the truth.

Wasn't trying to scare anyone.

You can do either. Doesn't make a difference.

#34     May 9, 2012
  5. NaveedH

NaveedH

Not really worked up about why you said what you said, I appreciate any insight from those in the trade (no pun intended). The truth stands that engineers make more than $10 an hour. We aren't in the seventies anymore. Thanks for the opinion though.

#35     May 9, 2012