Need advice

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by NaveedH, Apr 5, 2012.

1. .......................................................big ego ?

#11     Apr 19, 2012
  2. tdadlani

tdadlani

Trading can be very rewarding !!

Stick with it.

#12     Apr 26, 2012
  3. NaveedH

NaveedH

Anything "can be" rewarding... You did nothing for me with that post.

#13     Apr 26, 2012
  4. JB3

JB3

Stick with engineering.

Open a paper account, and play with that. If you can get returns on that paper account that is greater than 2x your engineering pay on a yearly basis, then you are ready to go live.

Trading is not a job that you will be interacting with a lot of people. If you trade for yourself, most of the time, it is boring with your butt planted to your seat for hours and hours. And being smart does not guarantee success in trading, sometimes it is a detriment to be too smart because you will continuously look for the "perfect" system.

#14     May 2, 2012
  5. For every IQ point over 100, add 6 months to the learning curve to becoming profitable in trading.
    :D

#15     May 2, 2012

6. Why do you really want to become a trader?

#16     May 2, 2012
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Why anyone graduating college would want to go into trading escapes me. Yeah. Some people make money. But most fizzle out. Even if you start in an investment bank, your career prospects have shortened a lot (compared to the past) and when they kick you out, you have no marketable skillset to fall back on.

#17     May 2, 2012
  8. Haha, I can understand his situation as I'm in the same boat. You know it all about us young schmucks tryna be "wall street warriors"

#18     May 2, 2012
  9. BSAM

BSAM

Whoa there, cowboy!
    You don't know how funny what you wrote is, do you?
    Did someone tell you that being "smart" will equal success in trading?

#19     May 2, 2012
  10. Many people think they are "smarter" . Think about every argument or debate one enters into , when it's done, each person thinks they won.

That is the ego and if it goes unrecognized it can be dangerous.

"Smart" is also hard to define.

Who is smarter?

A mechanic who can fix pretty much anything and is very self sufficient but only makes 20k a year...

Or a banker who doesn't even know how to change his own oil or a flat tire but makes 200k a year?

I think experience in whatever field makes you "specialized" or smart in that area of expertise. To the OP , you have a long long ways to go until you are "smart" in this field.

#20     May 2, 2012