Need Advice: Setups & Monitoring

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BrooksRimes, Apr 6, 2001.

1. Yes, there is another thread here with that same discussion.

It started out when I asked Ken a similar question to yours in an email. He got defensive and it started a long exchange. Seems like it just got put to rest. :)

Bottom line is that on his site where it says "stopped out", it implies a small loss. Apparently, there are never any big losses! The trades there never gap through a stop!

He claims he doesn't like performance pages, but has one because it is the most read and all his competitors have one.

I thought his DTU service was expensive enough at $600/year, but then saw his TTO services at $500 for 7 weeks.

I'm starting to think he's an ok guy. Several people here seem to like him. Answers a lot of questions here, although I'm sure that brings in business. Listened to part of an interview with him and he seemed knowledgable and sincere. But, I'll learn to do my own thinking. I don't want to be dependent on someone else.

#11     Apr 10, 2001
  2. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

Hi - I do have all the stops listed, in fact for last week I took the time, based on your request, Brooks, to identify exactly the size of each one, eg 1/8 or 1/4 or whatever.

I hope that clarifies? My latest performance page is at:

http://www.TradingtheOpen.com/perform.htm

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Super day today! We played the semis and others like VRSN VRTS BEAS MERQ etc for nice wins. :)

Good trading,

Ken

#12     Apr 10, 2001
  3. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

And yes, I am mostly getting out of this business at the end of this year, because I think the trader training business is a shady one, and I don't want to be associated with it... my sites started as a documentation of how to "really" do it right... and I'm glad to be of help...

But, I don't want to be in the same industry group with all the bs out there, so , I will run the live room for this year only (it's been a huge success so far, well over 180 paid members in the first few months alone, thanks to all)... and then get back to full time trading, which I like.

I want to help the industry, be in the same league as the guys like Tony Oz, Barry Rudd, Mark Seleznov, the others, who are genuinely helpful. There's far too few good resources out there, I think. Ah well. Hopefully traders will demand more, be more skeptical, become independent etc like you say.

Ken

#13     Apr 10, 2001
  4. neo_hr

neo_hr

Hello Ken!

Don't know weather you still remember me ...Alex_The Croat ;).

Strange how small this world is...and where do people "meet", ha? Hows trading hope well.

Cheers and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK ALL! For us newbies

Alex

#14     Jul 12, 2001