Need Advice - Pulsar Capital

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Goalieee, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Goalieee

Goalieee

Hi Guys,

Just found this forum and believe that you may be able to help me.
    Recently left my job as an analyst and will start trading on my own.

Have already talked to some prop firms and the one that seems to offer the best conditions is Pulsar Capital (www.pulsarcap.com)

Does anyone have ever traded with them?

Thanks in advance

2. Cfar

Cfar

Have done a little searching online and Alfonso L. Castro is listed as the founder of Pulsar Capital. The address is in London but they do not have a telephone number listed. The address is listed on Pulsar Capital International Proprietary Trading Firm's website as: Office 404, Albany House
    324/326 Regent Street
    London W1B 3HH
    Is there a telephone number listed where they can be reached instead of through email? I also checked "Linked In" and Alfonso L. Castro is not on there either? It also states on Pulsar Capital's website that Alfonso L. Castro was a former Portfolio Manager at the multi-billion dollar hedge fund Millennium Partners. When I searched on FINRA, Alfonso L. Castro has not traded in 2 years in the US. I also checked on the UK side by searching the PIA as well as the FSA and nothing came up on their web search engines either.

3. Cfar

Cfar

Pulsar Capital / Pulsar Proprietary Trading has the same address listed as Caerus Accounts Solution Ltd, their website is www.caerusltd.com.
    Registered Office: Suite 404, Albany House, 324-326 Regent Street, London, W1B 3HH.
    Registered in England and Wales, company number 06856321

4. Cfar

Cfar

Francisco Leite de Castro is listed as the software developer for Pulsar Capital. He can be reached through his linked in profile at: http://pt.linkedin.com/in/frankielc.

Alfonso L. Castro is not on Linked In and hasn't shown any trading activity through FINRA for 2 years in the U.S. Is there any trading activity / Portfolio Management that he has done in the UK? For what companies?

Is the Millennium Partners that Pulsar's website is referring to the same one as Millennium Partners LP, the $13.5 billion hedge-fund firm run by Israel Englander? Did Alfonso L. Castro work at this specific hedge fund as a Portfolio Manager?

This is what is listed on their website : Pulsar Capital is an International Proprietary Trading Firm, operating globally on a broad range of asset classes (Equities, Currencies, Interest Rates, Energies, Livestock, Softs).

Founded by Afonso L. Castro (former Portfolio Manager at the multi-billion dollar hedge fund Millennium Partners), our company´s primary goal is to offer traders an innovative, professional, "performance-based" trading environment.

To achieve this, we combine an absolute meritocracy structure with outstanding trader´s selection techniques and rigorous risk management procedures.
    Implemented by a diverse and trusted team of experienced professionals, this distinctive approach allows us to maximize our core resources (traders) to their full extent.

By merging all of the above factors with our staff´s vision and professionalism, we keep ourselves at the vanguard of innovation and are able to guarantee a commitment to excellence at all times.

Based in London, Pulsar Capital is registered in the United Kingdom with company registration number 07235174.

5. Cfar

Cfar

Pulsar Capital Limited Registered No. 07235174
    KINGS LODGE, LONDON ROAD, WEST KINGSDOWN, NR BRANDS HATCH, TN15 6AR

Incorporation Date: 26-04-2010 As this company, Pulsar Capital Limited is new, I was unable to obtain a credit report.

6. Says they want 300 gpb of your money to start.... couldn't they have generated some kind of skill testing questions to answer instead of you paying your cash up front... step aside.

http://pulsarcap.com/our_approach/faq#num6

Also note: while searching google for a person named Afonso L. Castro .... "alfonso castro" or "afonso castro" revealed 0 hits...

this is likely a SCAM!

7. Cfar

Cfar

James Mil states on his Linked In profile that he is Human Resources at Pulsar Capital. http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/james-mil/22/923/609

It states on Linked In that Pulsar Capital has 40 employees. The address listed under their company registration number 07235174 as
    Pulsar Capital Limited, Kings Lodge, London Road, West Kingsdown, NR Brands Hatch, TN15 6AR, which is the same address as a business named A4G Business, Tax & Financial Solutions.

Pulsar Capital Limited under the company registration number 07235174 has the incorporation date as 26-04-2010 or April 26, 2010.
    So Pulsar Capital Limited has only been registered for about 2 1/2 months and I couldn't obtain a credit report.

8. Cfar

Cfar

The Seven Oaks, Kent address for A4G Business Solutions is the same address as Pulsar Capital Limited - company registration number 07235174.

The web link for A4G Business Solutions is:

http://www.a4gsolutions.co.uk/business_strategy/getting_right_people.htm

Pulsar Capital Limited
    Kings Lodge
    London Road
    West Kingsdown, NR
    Brands Hatch TN15 6AR

Why are James Mil (Human Resources at Pulsar Capital) or Francisco Leite de Castro (software developer at Pulsar Capital) not listed on the website of Pulsar Capital? They are both on Linked In but Alfonso L. Castro has removed his profile on Linked In.

9. Cfar

Cfar

On Pulsar Capital's website it states that the founder of Pulsar Capital is Alfonso L. Castro (former Portfolio Manager at the multi-billion dollar hedge fund Millennium Partners). Is Millennium Partners founded by Israel Englander? Did Alfonso L. Castro work for Israel Englander as a Portfolio Manager at the hedge fund?

10. Re: TRADING POSITIONþ
    Sent: Thu 7/08/10 12:30 AM
    To: JAMES JOHNSON (domesticae@hotmail.com)

Hi James,

Yes, we are still looking for traders.

We do not "sell" the trading software. What we do is put you in a simulator, and if you prove to be a skilled trader (by meeting the required minimum paramenters) we will back you 100%, allowing you to start trading with our own capital
    (please read our Trader Guidelines for additional information)

To be given the possibility of using our simulator we "charge" a refundable fee of 300 GBP (aprox 450 USD).
    This fee will be immediately returned to you in case you successfully surpass the simulation.
    Please click here to know why we charge this fee.

We look forward to hearing from you,

--
    Best Regards,
    James Miller

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 6:14 AM, JAMES JOHNSON <domesticae@hotmail.com> wrote:

ARE YOU STILL LOOKING FOR TRADERS TO MANAGE YOUR CAPITOL?

WHAT IS THE PRICE IN $US-DOLLARS TO PURCHASE THE TRADING SOFTWARE TO START MY SIMULATED TRADING ACCT.

#10     Jul 9, 2010