Need Advice on Training

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Neonnight, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Neonnight

Neonnight

I'm having a terrible time deciding on the right training. After a year of self-study, I've decided to enroll in a trading course, but the choices have my brain reeling. Should I go with one of the on-line courses, opt for a trading firm, or take a seminar? I've been in contact with TCI Corp who charges $3,000 to teach a S&P futures trading course, and I've talked to Protrader (formerly Cornerstone Securities) who said they'd call when the next course was available. I could also contact Momentum Securities or follow up with an on-line trading room that contacted me. Basically, I'm concerned I'll make the wrong choice. Any suggestions or steerage in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. peko

peko

save your money...I took the tci course shelled out the bread and it is crap.

3. Neonnight

Neonnight

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, I signed up with Natural Order Educators for their 7 week course. Any knowledge of them? Sandy

4. For the money you'll waste on any course, you are better off learning the real way. Loose a few k trading 100 share lots for a few months. That's the only real way to learn what you are doin.
    Buy a few books, find a style you like. Then get really good at it. You have to do it in real time, cause that's the only way you'll ever get efficient at timing your entries/exits. Think of it like a real trade though. Scale out of it 20 shares at a time like you would on a real winning position. Make sure you have the liquidity for what you want. Forget about the commissions. A good course costs 5k, that's 250 round trips at any broker. By then, and a few k in losses, you should get the hang of it as long as you get a good book. I really recommend plunking down 300 for the yearly subscription to tradingmarkets.com. They'll show you everything you need to know about technical analysis by some of the best traders alive. I also really recommend a subscription to the street.com. It'll give you a good perspective on the market from high quality analysists. Todd harrison, james cramer, and gary b smith are excellent money makers who have been at this for decades. I have no affiliation with any of these however.

5. dozu888

dozu888

exactly.

don't waste your money on any so called courses.. if the people giving the course is so good, why do they waste time teaching?