Need advice on Toby Crabel's book...

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by milos, May 7, 2010.

1. milos

milos

Hello everyone, I wanted to see what would be the best way to sell one of my favorite books that I acquired years ago. I don't use it as much and I see it's value has gone through the roof!

It is Toby Crabel's Day trading with short term price patterns

It's going for about $1500 on eBay. Is this the best way to sell it? Or can I rent it out to a library or something along those lines?

Thank you all.

2. milos

milos

PS. I am posting this here because this is one of the best books ever written on technical analysis and how to profit from it. I apologize if I wasn't supposed to ask this question in this thread.

3. spd

spd

15.50 bid on 1 copy

4. milos

milos

Come on :) Serious answers please..

5. spd

spd

16 EVEN ON 2!

6. Stok

Stok

50,000 bid for $49.00

"At my hedge fund that is what I would do for PG!!!!!!"

- Cramer (aka know as a huge hypocrite who flaunts this on my Mad Money show because I am God, but my charitable foundation fund is lagging the market big time). Wait...Cramer Berkowitz was aided by IPO's.....that is how we made our money....once the jig was up, I BLEW up and left the fund...because I cannot pick a stock to save my life. Bring back Mr. SIRI!!!!!!

-Cramer

7. milos

milos

?

8. you are dreaming about getting that kind of money.

on amazon, there are 16 used for sale, starting just over $400.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...?ie=UTF8&qid=1273290823&sr=8-1&condition=used

put if for sale near the bottom of the range of prices, and you may unload it. But you will pay perhaps 15-20% to amazon in commission.

and someone published this for free related to the book:

This is a mathematical formula used to play the opening range breakout. If you are unfamiliar with this method it may sound complicated but bear with me.

First Step: you get the (High - Open) and the (Open - Low)

For example: Let's take the S&P 500 emini contract

High: 1294
    Low: 1281.5
    Open: 1290.50

(High - Open) = 3.5
    (Open - Low) = 9

2nd Step: You take the minimum of the two numbers. In this example the minimum would be 3.5.

3rd Step: Add the minimum for the last 10 trading days and divide it by 10. So you would add 3.5 to the minimum of the previous 9 days. In total you will have 10 numbers. Divide that by 10 to get the average.

4th Step: For example, let's say you get a 10 day average of 2.5. You simply play the breakout of the opening range. If prices open up at 1293, you would buy a breakout above 1295.5 and short a breakdown below 1290.50.

Simple and easy. I have not tested this to work but I know this was a famous opening break method amongst the professionals for many years. Alot of traders still use this method. Some may chose to take the 10 day average minimum and multiply it by 1.1 or 1.2 to make slight adjustments to the markets they are trading. Hope it helps.

9. milos

milos

I never thought I would get $1500 for it. I was just asking which place to sell it at, where I could get the best price.

I will check out amazon! Thank you.