Need advice on robust trading platform for scalping eminis

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by romik, Feb 14, 2006.

1. romik

romik

Hi,

I am currently looking for a robust trading platform for e-mini futures. At the moment I use TS8, but am looking for a more accurate system for the times when the volume is higher than average. TS8 like most others experiences certain delays when the market is moving fast, perhaps they go into some kind of overload, as they have high numbers of traders using the platform. I would still use their soft for analyses and real-time charting, but would like to find a better alternative for trade execution. I normally work on 1.5-2 points at a time, therefore speed of execution is of an essence here.

P.S. I would appreciate advice from traders that have tried various types of software and trade in the region of 100,000+ contracts a year.

Thank you in advance.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  2. I don't trade that many contracts, but I use X Trader from TT, through Velocity Futures, and that is what the big banks and instituions use for trading. Franz Shoar whom trade 700 e mini S and P's daily uses it, check it out for yourself on Traders International website.

I use the free version, very fast, but X Trader Pro is supposed to be even a bit faster I believe. X Trader version 7 just came out and it is even supposed to be 20% faster, although Velocity isn't offering it yet.

Good luck to you.

Dan

3. romik

romik

Thank you for your advice I will look into that, any more opinions?

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  4. I am also looking at Button Trader with an account at IB, but I am concerned about IB's customer support if I have an outage. Velocity is pretty damn good.

IB sure sounds good, free real time quotes and $3.11 at RT with fees included, but something tells me you get what you pay for.

You should also, if you haven't already, get the CME electronic membership to cut your fees by $2 a RT I believe. For as much as you would do $1000 is nothing.

5. romik

romik

thanks again danxg, i appreciate your responce.

Buy1Sell2 likes this.
  6. Hoi

Hoi

For 80% of all issues you can use ButtonTrader's support, which is "damn good" as well.
    In 20% of the other issues that might happen, ButtonTrader support will assist you in dealing with IB.

7. Thanks Hoi that is good to know.