Need advice on new laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maverick74, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Very interesting. You guys like the Sony Vaio? Can you guys explain why?

#21     Jun 4, 2007
  2. I have not been following these technologies closely so my answer here is heavily caveated...

I would expect that the majority of these technologies will be available to buy by then, yes. However, I never buy the first wave of products for price reasons. I'm not recommending that you wait, just telling you what i do...

Now, you've been given a list of "interesting" technologies. My recommendation is that you start googling them and searching for details on what those technologies offer and when they'll appear.

There is a risk of your buying a laptop that will be obsolete as soon as you buy it. And I'm not referring to depreciation there...

The final choice is, of course, yours. Good luck.

#22     Jun 4, 2007
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Anybody??? :(

#23     Jun 4, 2007
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

I can't, both my sony vaio screens gave out right after the warranty expired.

#24     Jun 4, 2007
  5. To Maverick74...what do you think of what I wrote above...just wondering your thoughts?...thanks

#25     Jun 4, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

I've always been very weary of Compaq computers for some reason. I don't see that many around anymore either. I'm not sure why.

#26     Jun 4, 2007
  7. TM1

TM1

My sister has a Vaio, I have an HP. I like the HP better, one annoying thing about the Vaio is the lack of a mousepad scroll wheel, perhaps they have addressed this by now, although she bought her laptop less than a year ago.

Her Vaio cost more and did not come with a duo core chip and no multi-card reader, no s-video output, only one usb input iirc and the battery only lasts 2 hours.

I'm not saying the Vaio is junk, just that the HP offers much more for less. I'm ashamed to admit that I've spilled coffee and vitamin water on mine also and it has not affected it one bit, not even sticky keys.

#27     Jun 4, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

Try a margarita... that should make 'em sticky :D

#28     Jun 4, 2007
  9. TM1

TM1

At least you had alcohol as an excuse for being clumsy:D

#29     Jun 4, 2007
  10. Quality, made in Japan.

Laptop repairs are very expensive so the extra cost is worth it.

I have the A17 17" 1900 x 1200 display, beautiful.

#30     Jun 4, 2007