Need Advice on Cancer remedies

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MWycliff, Sep 29, 2012.

1. "google scholar" is a great way to research stuff like this.

#11     Sep 29, 2012
  2. I'll add that Warburg therapies are generally BS.

#12     Sep 29, 2012
  3. this is not only bullshit its dangerous advice.

#13     Sep 29, 2012
  4. DT-waw

DT-waw

oh sure, its reaaally dangerous when the body heals itself.
    the income of medical mafia is under huge danger every time this is the case.

and somehow i don't get it why you can live for 20 years with tumor, but right after you treat it with chemo, your lifespan magically usually ends within few months.
    its gotta be the treatment which gave you those extra months!

#14     Sep 29, 2012
  5. Here is a quick example. Someone on this thread recommended astragalus so I ran a very brief search on google scholar and found this metastudy.

http://jco.ascopubs.org/content/24/3/419.short

Based on that, I personally would take astragalus in addition to PROFESIONAL medical treatment if I had cancer. In reality, that was a 30 second search and not something I would make a decision off. I would research as much as I could until I felt confident one way or the other. It was just an example of how to attempt to sort marketing from science.

My point is, don't take advice from anyone without checking out some studies first. I personally don't take anything a doctor prescribes me without researching it first.

#15     Sep 29, 2012
  6. you aint too bright are you? you can live 20 years because tumors start out small and by the time you find them they have grown to the point of affecting other organs.

#16     Sep 29, 2012
  7. zdreg

zdreg

why do you personalize? maybe other members of ET consider your handle to be an oxymoron based upon your posts, but they keep it to themselves.

#17     Sep 29, 2012
  8. Redneck

Redneck

OP,

My Best Wishes to your Brother Sir

RN

#18     Sep 29, 2012
  9. I actually watched a documentary on this the other night on Netflix. Maybe complete BS, but the thesis was that animal protein fed cancer. Particularly casein protein, which is found in dairy.

#19     Sep 29, 2012
  10. #20     Sep 29, 2012