Need Advice on Book

Discussion in 'Trading' started by VisionTrader, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Can you recommend a few (if there are three or more) good books that discuss volume theory?

I appreciate the help in advance.

VT

2. Mvic

Mvic

Ken Shaleen's Vol and Open Interest (futures) is worth a read, nothing too profound but covers the basics.

3. Look for stuff authored by Richard Wyckoff or Mark Leibovit. They are the "Volume Meisters" in addition to Shaleen.

4. Trading on Volume, is more geared towards volume with respect to equities.

5. Thanks. I have been trying to find something that Wyckoff wrote but I keep hitting dead ends. I always find 2 or 3 books, but none have very much information related to volume.

Does anyone know where to find books written by Wyckoff. I tried Amazon and Traders Library.

6. Vince1

Vince1

7. I appreciate all the advice. I will take a look at the Wyckoff books. Has anyone studied anything written by Tom Williams? I know he is in a business relationship with TradeGuider. I am not particularly intereset in a software program, but I would be interested in reading some of his thoughts. They keep referring to a book he has written.....I assume this must be more of a promotional piece for their company. Does anyone have it in PDF format or anything.

Thanks again for the help.

VT

8. I'd like to slip a request in here too. Does anyone know a book that goes into exit strategies in depth? I am comfortable with my entries but am still experimenting with exits. Ive read most of the standard books out there but Im thinking that some of the books on systems, which I have not read, may go into exits in more detail.