Need advice from pros

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by nirav34, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Hey dan great post bro.

Lets get an imperial one of this days.

#11     Jul 13, 2006
  2. dac8555

dac8555

eusdanki pegged it...I am in Costa Rica (imperial is a well known beer here).

Panama has great infrastructure and good banking as compared with its neighbors. I think it woud be a fun place to be..give it a shot. all they can say is no...so you move on to the next one.

this is another important point...where i am...i do well here not becuse i am hot stuff (im not)..but becuse I am more qualified than my peers. it is all realtive. I know a lot more about international markets than most people here (simply having degrees and licenses from the US)...so I stand out in a realtively small crowd. For those looking for jobs...if you arent a big fish, find a smaller less congested pond and you may have better odds. just like trading.

suerte a todos,

Dan

#12     Jul 13, 2006
  3. well done Dan

#13     Jul 13, 2006
  4. you gotta find your own nitche...

If you walk amongst dwarfts they might take you for a giant.

#14     Jul 14, 2006
  5. or maybe an elf! :D

#15     Jul 14, 2006
  6. nirav34

nirav34

Thanks to all for the advise. I don't have any contacts yet. So after graduation what does it take to be an independent trader? Would you recommend getting experience before going independent? I really am interested in trading options and futures. Also, commodities also looks like something I might get into. I have decided to get a dual degree, Finance/Economics. I have heard most of you say, education is not necessary. But, in my culture (Asian-Indian) education is the number one priority. But hey I enjoy attending classes, doing homework, projects etc... Dan, I'm inspired by your story, and the story of thousands that started with nothing and are now a great success. I'm fully dedicated to what I have set out to do. Thanks for all the responses guys.

#16     Jul 14, 2006
  7. dac8555

dac8555

Nirav-
    If you read the "market wizards" books you will find many of these guys started out in institutions...i HIGHLY recomend that for at least your first 10 years...you will really learn a ton. Go independent on the side and work your way up. I think you will find the top traders on this site as well have institutional backgrounds.

You are in the right place for commodities! take advantage of that! Make your contacts now!!!

Education IS nesecary becuse you need to sell your brain. Without education, there is no proof of brain power. But you will not really use anything of what you learned...other than the ability to work hard and learn.

#17     Jul 14, 2006
  8. Iam not a pro but ill give my 2cents anyways. Working for institution and being independant trader are two different ball games. All your education and good grades will probably help to get a good job with a big institution. and this route is probably a better one to take for u becuz its guaranteed money. If u want to be independant trader college degrees and grades are not helpful. Youll have to learn most lessons the hard way, by losing money and learning from it.

#18     Jul 14, 2006
  9. Cheese

Cheese

Oh really .. forget it.

And yes I have heard of DePaul University.
    :)

#19     Jul 15, 2006
  10. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

I need advice? Do you?

Some where along the line you are lying! Good education and you come on here for advice? The truth is, you are stupid! Piss off!

#20     Jul 15, 2006